Mevotech UCA Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanterpool224

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I bought the heavy duty Mevotech UCAs, CTX version, from RockAuto. The length is at 12.00". The other two UCAs listed are the GS and CM part numbers, but they are listed at 13.75" in length. Does this mean that the CTX being shorter accomodates for angle corrections on lifts? Am I missing something? My intention is to install them on my 09 Ram 1500 with Bils set at 2.8. Need a warm fuzzy before I install.

Thanks!

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked on up all three on Rockauto, and I do find it odd! Maybe a typo?
Maybe the how the GS and CM say “maximum length” they’re all going to be the 12” maximum like on the CTX??

I don’t think the CTX have any angle corrections built in them. I’m not sure, but I don’t think any of the three do. They’re just a stronger control arm than stock.

I’m sure others will chime in, but I think you’ll be ok with the CTX even if they do not have any angle built in them. You’ll be at or near the alignment limits.
People have set the Bilsteins at 2.8” and the issue they have is the stock ball joint. The CTX is a stronger ball joint than stock.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If Mevotech makes raised ride height arms that would be news to me.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe it depends on the lift you are using. If the brand has their lift corrected to use stock UCAs, then you can use Mevotech is what I have been told by members on here. If your lift doesn’t, then you should be looking for an UCA that can correct the angle.

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the CM installed with the bils set at 2.8 for almost two years now. Only issue so far is grease coming out from the top not the bottom where it bolts to the knuckle. I heard it's normal when you over grease the nipple.

Btw, does anyone know what's the deal with that fake grease nipple fitting thing close to one of the bushings is for? The one in the driver side UCA fell out. Just wondering if I should be concerned or not.

Mevo.png

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Btw, does anyone know what's the deal with that fake grease nipple fitting thing close to one of the bushings is for? The one in the driver side UCA fell out. Just wondering if I should be concerned or not.

View attachment 205018

That’s for trucks with oem air suspension, you don’t need it.

59EDF60B-629D-4F26-9564-CE9E1A55D7F9.jpeg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I bought the heavy duty Mevotech UCAs, CTX version, from RockAuto. The length is at 12.00". The other two UCAs listed are the GS and CM part numbers, but they are listed at 13.75" in length. Does this mean that the CTX being shorter accomodates for angle corrections on lifts? Am I missing something? My intention is to install them on my 09 Ram 1500 with Bils set at 2.8. Need a warm fuzzy before I install.

Thanks!

Here’s a good thread showing UCA’s for angle correction versus the mevotech TTX.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/mevotech-ttx-control-arms.146310/

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks JB1! You are "Google" when it comes to our line of trucks :winner_first_h4h:

Reactions: JB1

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the CM installed with the bils set at 2.8 for almost two years now. Only issue so far is grease coming out from the top not the bottom where it bolts to the knuckle. I heard it's normal when you over grease the nipple.

View attachment 205018
Yeah don’t worry about it! Mine came with none, except the hole for it lol