Mirror control buttons on driver door illumination....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, just curious if the D-pad buttons along with the mirror selector switch on the driver’s door are supposed to be black at night or lit up.

I just noticed last night when I went to do a little fine-tuning on the mirrors that either there’s no illumination at all or they’re not working.... see pics.

PS, don’t get confused from the blue glow on the D-pad in the second pic... that’s just the glow from the night light behind the door handle....[emoji846] ... which is really cool, btw... No more of this, “Where’s the handle” crap for newbies. Lol.
c31d7bffbe2b16f0e6f78c781c7651e5.jpg

d0ea16a4c6c0db4ff86c06a9e27549cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, just curious if the D-pad buttons along with the mirror selector switch on the driver’s door are supposed to be black at night or lit up.

I just noticed last night when I went to do a little fine-tuning on the mirrors that either there’s no illumination at all or they’re not working.... see pics.

PS, don’t get confused from the blue glow on the D-pad in the second pic... that’s just the glow from the night light behind the door handle....[emoji846] ... which is really cool, btw... No more of this, “Where’s the handle” crap for newbies. Lol.
c31d7bffbe2b16f0e6f78c781c7651e5.jpg

d0ea16a4c6c0db4ff86c06a9e27549cd.jpg

No unfortunately the mirror control pad and the right and left button are not illuminated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No unfortunately the mirror control pad and the right and left button are not illuminated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Hmmm well, that sucks and that’s a quick end to a discussion....[emoji41]

Thanks.

drooler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I understand your question correctly- the left or right mirror button WILL light up when you press them in order make your adjustments. You can see the indicators in your photos directly above the "L" and the "R".

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I understand your question correctly- the left or right mirror button WILL light up when you press them in order make your adjustments. You can see the indicators in your photos directly above the "L" and the "R".
Oh ok. Yeah I forgot about the little indicator lights to tell you which mirror you’re adjusting but I was talking about just the general illumination on the arrow pad and everything else...