Mirror wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Citcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Hemi 5.7L
Can anyone tell me if the Rams are prewired for mirror wiring? What I mean is that I currently don’t have towing mirrors with the signals or puddle lights but I want to add those mirrors with lights. I would like to do it without having to modify any wiring, so I’m hoping the truck has a harness ready for plug n play.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone tell me if the Rams are prewired for mirror wiring? What I mean is that I currently don’t have towing mirrors with the signals or puddle lights but I want to add those mirrors with lights. I would like to do it without having to modify any wiring, so I’m hoping the truck has a harness ready for plug n play.
Yes if your truck has power windows and power adjust mirrors it's pre wired. If it's a 13 up truck make sure you get mirrors for a 13 or newer. The outside temp sensor is on the drivers mirror in those years. The mirrors will be a plug and play but the blinker/puddle lights will not work until the LEB and LEC codes are enabled in your BCM. There is also a tow mirror code that can be activated so they adjust properly when open. You can have the dealer enable the codes or use the Alfa OBD and do it yourself. Use the search feature and look in the DIY section. This is a common uograde and there are several threads about it. Another thing to note is many of the aftermarket tow mirrors have issues with the blinker/puddle lights not working correctly. Do your research if your not going with OEM mirrors from a wrecking yard or Ebay.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jmac2487

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i have the chance to purchase two 2012 rearview mirrors for $75. They have the lower turn signals. Will they work in my 2013?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You may need to change the door module, they make 2 variations

Look in the Vendors section, Benny can point you in the right direction

2016 model, it has the power folding function

yJZ71f.jpg

out of my 2009 Ram, it was the only close up image that i have