Moe's Performance 2011 Hemi Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The tires are 305/55/20's. They clear everything with the wheels straight, but with the wheels turned, they barely touch the upper control arms behind the front wheels. They clear everything on the fender and swaybar though.

I ended up throwing a set of 1/4" spacers behind the wheels to get the clearance I needed for the front control arms. Now, everything is good.

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tires are 305/55/20's. They clear everything with the wheels straight, but with the wheels turned, they barely touch the upper control arms behind the front wheels. They clear everything on the fender and swaybar though.

I ended up throwing a set of 1/4" spacers behind the wheels to get the clearance I needed for the front control arms. Now, everything is good.

Nice...gives me an idea now. Thanks!

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Been tossing that around for a Customer of ours, can you let me know down the road your overall impressions on the coils? Especially if you eventually haul about 500-700lbs back there. I want to see how they end up breaking in and end up overall versus giving up load carrying.

Shane

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Even with the stock coils, if he is going to run 500-700lbs in the bed, then a set of Airlift bags would come in handy. I will only have that much weight in the bed of this truck about once a year, and I am already considering adding the bags just to be safe.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Love the sway bar. I noticed you ran your bolts to end links inside out. I didn't I was worried about cycling the suspension and road hazards possible getting my brake wires/cables/ stuff into them so I ran the bolts with the threads to the inside of my truck. How was the install? Do I need to order anything else with it?

scobbyanddale

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 express cc 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
got my dyno time set up for when i get home!!! super excited to see the new numbers after installing all the stuff i got from you all...

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Love the sway bar. I noticed you ran your bolts to end links inside out. I didn't I was worried about cycling the suspension and road hazards possible getting my brake wires/cables/ stuff into them so I ran the bolts with the threads to the inside of my truck. How was the install? Do I need to order anything else with it?
That is the stock configuration for the endlinks, so I kept them that way. Install of the swaybar only takes about 20 minutes, so it is very simple. It comes with the swaybar, new bushings, new mounting brackets, new bolts, and a bottle of grease to put inside the bushings to make sure that the bar does not make any noise. You do not need anything else to complete the install.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Assuming the weather holds, I will be installing EBC slotted/dimpled rotors as well as their Greenstuff pads. I also have a set of Airlift bags that will go in as well. I doubt I will ever need them as I don't haul much with this truck, but I figured it couldn't hurt to have them just in case.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Matt! Placeing my order now!

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Here is a pic from this morning...debadged, clay barred, and waxed. The paint looks wet like it was just sprayed yesterday...

10_zpsca82710d.jpg
Can't believe how much better it looks with those tires. Do you happen to know the backspacing? I'm wanting new wheels but may run this size tire soooo, if I get the backspacing 1/4 inch less I should be ok as far as clearance?

WhiteBuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi, 8spd, 3.92
Matt, how does it ride? have you notice increase wheelhop now that its lowed? In addition, do you think you need adjustable panhard to correct rearend center.

I have a Spohn bar on order just in case the springs cause it to shift. But Im more worried about pinion angle causing wheelhop problems.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Matt, how does it ride? have you notice increase wheelhop now that its lowed? In addition, do you think you need adjustable panhard to correct rearend center.

I have a Spohn bar on order just in case the springs cause it to shift. But Im more worried about pinion angle causing wheelhop problems.

Thanks in advance.

The truck rides great. I really didn't feel any difference in ride quality, and have had it up to 110mph a few times now without any vibrations. I'm very happy with the new setup.

And with these wide tires, all I get is a quick chirp off the line. No wheel hop.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
30 minutes if you have one of Matts home made fan pully holder bar thing. There's one for sale right now in the for sale section.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Had a few more toys to play with tonight...EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, Mag Hytec Diff cover and transmission pan...

brakes1_zpsa3dcc99d.jpg
brakes2_zpse1a39534.jpg

I wanted to paint the calipers tonight as well, but the forecast for tomorrow morning calls for rain, and the truck does not fit in the garage right now. I may tackle the diff cover tomorrow though if the wife gives me a few minutes of free time...haha.