Moes performance 87mm throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello looking for any feedback on moes performance 87mm throttle body, it will cost me a lot since I'm in Canada. I have a 2013 ram 1500 6" pro comp lift with bilstiens at 2.8 and rear hd icon springs with 315/70/18 toyo mt. Looking to gain back a little bit of my power and fuel millege without using a programmer at the moment. Just trying to see what you guys are gaining with the bigger throttle body thanks.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know you don't want a tuner "at this moment" but I believe that it will give you more "bang for the buck" than any other mod you can install. If your looking for noticeable improvement I think you will be disappointed with just the throttle body.
Jay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I felt a difference with the throttle body but it's a supportive mod.
I would say gears were my best bang for the buck

Sent from the fetal position using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I assume he has a 4x4 and if so the gears would be about $3500-$4000. That a lot of bucks for the bang---LOL but I agree they do make a bigggg difference.
Jay

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it is 4wd it has 3:92 gearing in it so not to bad. I Have ran a programmer on other gas trucks before and was not impressed at all never really seen any difference in power at all so that's why I don't really wanna dish out the money for one. I rather do a bolt on modification

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You probably will not feel a big difference. Tuner will be the best thing for that. Also look at LT headers of maybe a stall converter. Those are the three best mods for our trucks. Down fall of the LT headers is that they are 1500$+.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
converter in lifted truck could be weird lol... honestly theres not a lot you can do other than lumping all the bolt ons together. Which I think is what most people are saying...

if you dont go with a LTs (preferably no cats), TB, and a tune, im not sure that any of them individually are going to give you any gains worth the cost.

in terms of MPG though, its just the cost of 36" M/Ts. Switching to a less aggressive tread pattern like an all terrain, and a lighter tire would help but then you lose the look.

just part of the game!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
gears would be about $3500-$4000. That a lot of bucks for the bang---LOL but I agree they do make a bigggg difference.
Jay

Yeah It was expensive for me, But moes has the 4.56 gears where you don't need the new modded $dollar lsd. so it's a little cheaper

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know what you expected lol honestly . When you lift , add bigger tires and wheels , and do mud tires your going to kill the power in rotational mass .

Best thing you could of done was bought a diesel and then throw a tuner on it but you bought a gas motor . I always find these threads interesting when people lose power due to mods as such and then complain lol .
Have to give and take unless you want to really overhaul your motor and trans.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know what you expected lol honestly . When you lift , add bigger tires and wheels , and do mud tires your going to kill the power in rotational mass .

Best thing you could of done was bought a diesel and then throw a tuner on it but you bought a gas motor . I always find these threads interesting when people lose power due to mods as such and then complain lol .
Have to give and take unless you want to really overhaul your motor and trans.

Actually **** head if you read my post I was trying to get feedback on the 87mm throttle body. I never complained about my power or fuel millege at all. Maybe you should learn to read **** before commenting

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello looking for any feedback on moes performance 87mm throttle body, it will cost me a lot since I'm in Canada. I have a 2013 ram 1500 6" pro comp lift with bilstiens at 2.8 and rear hd icon springs with 315/70/18 toyo mt. Looking to gain back a little bit of my power and fuel millege without using a programmer at the moment. Just trying to see what you guys are gaining with the bigger throttle body thanks.

87mm throttle body is a total waste of money for you...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
As he others have said, I would go with the tuner before anything else as it will give you the best bang for your buck. We have had multiple customers drop a tenth in the 1/4 mile and pick up about 12-15hp/tq with the throttle body, but you really need to have other supporting mods and tuning before you will see that kind of increase.

A Diablo tuner with Hemifever custom tuning will run you only $469 for the i2 and will easily give you 30hp/tq to the wheels on 91/93 octane tuning. That is more than you would get from an intake, throttle body, and muffler combined. Once you install the tuner, you will start to gain more from each of the other supporting mods as well.

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Actually **** head if you read my post I was trying to get feedback on the 87mm throttle body. I never complained about my power or fuel millege at all. Maybe you should learn to read **** before commenting

Please read whats in BOLD and ITALICS :flipthebird: .....

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What he wrote listed in bold isn't a complaint that the mods he's added caused a problem. He's only asking what mods will help bring back any of the lost mileage. There's a difference in complaining that what he did caused a loss vs acknowledging the new look is what he was after, now lets see what mods will help support that change.

As Moe's Perf said above, the tuner is still probably going to be your best bet. But if you aren't interested in that, then I'd suggest doing mods that reduce engine load. u/d pulley, & mechanical fan delete/hd efan conversion will reduce engine load.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking ill order up the hemi fever tune with the diablo sport and try that out then ill do the throttle body afterwards. Is it difficult to download the hemifever tune? Herd it was a big process last time I looked. Thank you to those with positive feedback

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking ill order up the hemi fever tune with the diablo sport and try that out then ill do the throttle body afterwards. Is it difficult to download the hemifever tune? Herd it was a big process last time I looked. Thank you to those with positive feedback

The Intune is a little easier to work with vs the trinity.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

Once you purchase your tuner, Hemifever will email you loading instructions on how to load the tuning. First you will need to plug the tuner into your home computer to update it. Once this is complete, you will load 1 of the preloaded Diablo tunes into the truck. When you do this, the tuner is going to store your stock backup file onto the tuner. You then plug the tuner back into your home computer and email that stock backup file along with your truck information (year, make, model, performance upgrades, etc...) to Hemifever. They will then write your custom tunes and email them back to you. You then save them from your email to the tuner, and then plug it back into your truck to load the custom tune.

It isn't too difficult, and you will have instructions to follow to help walk you through the process.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
as stated, not difficult just a little time consuming. In a nutshell, they need your stock tune file. So instead of mailing in your pcm, having it flashed, and mailed back (old school), you use this shortcut ^^.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
not to hijack a thread... but any issues with windows 10 and loading a custom tune? I've had an intune sitting at my desk since july and haven't installed it yet on my truck.