Mopar pedal kit install-stupid brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would to know what the hell is all of this crap I have circled in red below??????....ridicious.

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The little circles appear to be mostly dead grass, the larger circles on the floor mat are an area of dried dirt, likely the result of mud on my shoe that once the water evaporated, was turned back into the brownish dirt you see, as those are rubber floor mats that's lay over my factory carpet floor mats that are in great shape. To determine the exact source and composition of the dirt and grass, it would likely need to be sent off to a lab for forensic testing. I'm not a wealthy man, however if you would like to start a GoFundMe account for a forensic diagnosis of what is on my floor mat, please feel free to do so. I must insist that you cover the cost of shipping my floor mat to the facility of your choice, and I would also request that a loaner floor mat be provided to me at no charge. The size and style of the loaner floor mat is not an issue, although I do ask that you provide me with a passenger side floor mat of the same style, as I like things that match.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back to the topic......can anyone tell me why Mopar would advertise a sexy aluminum pedal kit, then only supply you with two of the three pedals?

It's not like the parking brake pedal isn't in every one of our GD trucks.

Anyway, good job Abouttobeblue, keep us updated if you find an option for the parking brake.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may have something that will work for the parking brake, will report back when it arrives.

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know some the Challenger and charger folks used a mercedes brake pad, I believe it took some finagling to get it to work though.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, I got the fix, buy a #6804 8939AA for a 09-17 Dodge Challenger stainless steel clutch pedal pad Mopar OEM.I got mine on Ebay from Steve White motors Inc. for $17.70 shipped.All you have to do is pull the factory rubber pad off, take the metal cover off the new pad and snip off the little nub 2nd row down from the top, 2nd nub from left.Place the metal cover back on.Put a bolt through that hole(I ground the head round to look like the rubber nubs, the painted it black)The metal pedal in the truck has a hole drilled in it's center, put pedal on pushing bolt through hole, put on washer and bolt on back side and tighten.Looks great as a set and works fine.I will post pics as soon as I can.I have step by step pics at Ramforumz site

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pedal%201_zpspozh6pca.jpg

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Glad to see your truck is clean I will be able to sleep tonight...

pedals look good :)

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad to see your truck is clean I will be able to sleep tonight...

pedals look good :)

Ha, I vacuumed after the install just so I wouldn't get a verbal beat down when I posted it.:)

Dean Godfrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a different part number for adjustable pedals?
Getting conflicting info on whether or not they fit.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bnxjwLI.jpg No, they fit fine, my sport has adjustable pedals and had no problem at all.Here is a pic of mine installed.
UgRY9

Last edited:

Dean Godfrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice!
That’s exactly the look I want.
Can you provide the part numbers or links to where you got them? (All 3)

thanks for replying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quirkparts on ebay has both, brake set #82212138, $79.98, Dodge challenger clutch pedal , #6804893AA, about $18.00.I dont remember if I bought both there, but other sellers have them on ebay. Don't forget you have to modifiy the clutch pedal to fit to your e-brake.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Took me about an hour on the brake pedal....liquid dish soap finally worked...and ALOT of elbow grease and a very small screwdriver (to get the lip around the pedal).

Love the look...but it was a pain.

01Ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
One of those pedal kits came with my new Charger Scat Pack. I found a fool proof way to avoid any installation problems. They are still in the factory box in the trunk.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took me about an hour on the brake pedal....liquid dish soap finally worked...and ALOT of elbow grease and a very small screwdriver (to get the lip around the pedal).

Love the look...but it was a pain.
Mine took me about 20 mins of struggling, but I am really happy with them, I put the Mopar set on my sons Challenger and took about an hour and cut up my hand quite a bit, maybe it was the tighter space to work in.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
KcbUi8b.jpg
One of those pedal kits came with my new Charger Scat Pack. I found a fool proof way to avoid any installation problems. They are still in the factory box in the trunk.
You should put those on that beautiful car, they are worth the trouble, I also put a Mercedes e brake pedal on for my sons Challenger, looks great as a set.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Normally the dealer would install them. they did on my charger. Maybe because you bought it the day they rolled it off the truck they didn't bother? Take it to the dealer and make them install the pedals lol