Mopar Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Evening All,

Today I purchased a remote start from a local dealer. The price was fair ($260.00 after tax) and IMO well worth it to keep a stock key fob and not have extra crap on your key ring. I ran into a couple snags along the way, and just wanted to inform anyone wanting to do this mod of the solutions I found. The install is very straight forward. They use some lawyer terms in the directions, but if you read past it you'll have no issues. The kit comes with a new hood latch, for newer trucks the wiring will have already been pre-installed which makes that step a breeze. Next is removing the old ignition, which is as easy as removing the lower panel under the steering wheel, and removing the 4 screws holding the ignition in place. (However, do not remove this, as you will need the stock ignition in place to drive your truck to the dealer) The next step is placing the antenna, which is a small black box that goes behind the glove box. The snag I ran into here, is that it states it is supposed to clip into place, and after about an hour and a half of searching, it does not. I found out that it zip ties into place with the supplied zip ties. You then run the wire across to the ignition though the back of the stereo.
You can take the new ignition, and snap in the antenna wire to it. Once you get to the dealer, all that will need to be done is flash the new keys and ignition, and put the new ignition in place. One other snag I ran into, I put my key into the new ignition when I took it out of the box (dumb idea). You will not be able to get the key out, but don't panic. Once you supply power to the ignition, the key will come out. I hope this helps anyone out that is planning on doing this mod.

:happy160: