More Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingnothing395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter HEMI
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4WD

For the rear, I've got a set of Rough Country 0-3" N3 rear shock absorbers. N3 Rear Shocks | 0-3" | Ram 1500 2WD/4WD (2019-2024)

Confirm my understanding or correct me if I am wrong: This makes it possible for me to add 2" spacers to the rear coil springs, right? Or do these shock absorbers lift the rear of the truck all by themselves?

For the front, I've got a set of Rough Country 3.5" N3 loaded struts, and a new set of UCAs for a lift.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you are correct…those shocks are for a 0-3” lift, regardless if its from spacers or longer slrings.

The rear shocks themselves will not lift it at all.

OP
OP
K

kingnothing395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter HEMI
Do I need a differential drop kit for my 3.5" RC front struts? I read brandonjansen's thread about lifting 4th gens, and it mentions a diff drop kit for lifts over 2.8". Does that apply to 5th gen Rams as well?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Let's see if @Quick_Shifter will chime in, he's quite well versed on lifting these trucks.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^^^This^^^^ Quickshifter and Nick@GotExhaust will get you in the right direction. I have bought parts from Nick, cant beat his customer service or prices. Tell him what look/lift you want he can get you there. Quickshifter specializes in Ram suspension, if he was closer to me would have had him do any/all work needed

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
^^^^^This^^^^ Quickshifter and Nick@GotExhaust will get you in the right direction. I have bought parts from Nick, cant beat his customer service or prices. Tell him what look/lift you want he can get you there. Quickshifter specializes in Ram suspension, if he was closer to me would have had him do any/all work needed
I always make it worth the trip(s)

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I always make it worth the trip(s)
I’m lucky that my trip to Quick_Shifter’s shop, ak_trucks_pa, is 2.5 hours for me & have posted before that I would happily drive twice that far. I look forward to my trips to his shop like going to see an old friend that just happens to be awesome mechanic with old school work ethnic but all the modern tools.
I’m in North VA. but might end up in North Carolina, I would get a hotel room close to his shop & use some vacation days to be able go to his shop, not practical for some but for a shop you can trust completely it is
definitely worth the trip for me!

Attachments

• IMG_9552.jpeg
    IMG_9552.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9567.jpeg
    IMG_9567.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 13

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
But would you drive 11 hours one way ??? LOL
Felt like I need to defend or qualify "to far" Great sign he does great work and treats people right !

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
But would you drive 11 hours one way ??? LOL
Felt like I need to defend or qualify "to far" Great sign he does great work and treats people right !
I own an AV company that does home automation and fun stuff we don’t need and have a client in Kentucky. We’ve done 8 houses for him and his last house was on an island off the coast of South Carolina. With people moving everyday it’s not that crazy to ship a truck. :happy160:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Do I need a differential drop kit for my 3.5" RC front struts? I read brandonjansen's thread about lifting 4th gens, and it mentions a diff drop kit for lifts over 2.8". Does that apply to 5th gen Rams as well?
5th gens can go to 3” safely. Still requires an angle correcting upper control arm above 2.5”.
The 5th Gen trucks DO NOT react well to the 3.5” height. Skip it and go to 4” if more than 3” is needed. Highly recommend staying far away from anything suspension related with the name Rough Country on it. We have various preferred vendors on this forum that offer member discounts with tried and true packages.
@Nick@GotExhaust is the go to vendor for suspension parts. Benny @AllMoparParts.com is the go to for oem upgrades to name a few

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Quick_Shifter advices is spot on. either go up as far as 3" with angle correcting UCA's or for straight to 4". Nothing in between. Stay away from ROUGH Country, we have had many customers switch from RC to a better lift provided by us. Message me with the amount of lift height you would like and how you use the truck and I can discuss options and pricing with you.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Quick_Shifter advices is spot on. either go up as far as 3" with angle correcting UCA's or for straight to 4". Nothing in between. Stay away from ROUGH Country, we have had many customers switch from RC to a better lift provided by us. Message me with the amount of lift height you would like and how you use the truck and I can discuss options and pricing with you.
This…I dealt with Nick for my 4 inch Super Lift with bilstein’s on all four corners.