More on the HCU/ABS system problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeF69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My lights cycle on and off, today when driving at 55 with tow/haul and exhaust brake and cruise control they cycled, cruise dropped out, EB came on, dude on my bumper with a Lexus almost ate my trailer hitch. Took it to my friend who owns a car repair shop, the HCU’s are in stock but they cannot be sold due to a government review that will conclude February 2024. My question, IF I remove the fuse that powers the ABS will the cruise control work? I have to use this truck and driving 300 miles with the ABS/TC lights flashing dropping out of cruise control is problematic! Any thoughts 2018 ram 2500 ex cab 4 x4 Cummins.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My question, IF I remove the fuse that powers the ABS will the cruise control work? I have to use this truck and driving 300 miles with the ABS/TC lights flashing dropping out of cruise control is problematic! Any thoughts 2018 ram 2500 ex cab 4 x4 Cummins.

I can't answer your question relating to your Ram truck but, I used to remove an ABS fuse on my Tundra every winter.

The ABS performed so poorly in the snow, I'm convinced I could stop much more effectively without it.

There were two ABS fuses on my 07 Tundra, the wrong one also killed the 4wd.

The correct fuse killed the ABS and ASC only, the cruise worked perfectly.

And, I used to stick black electrical tape over the EVIC lights. :cool:

Update: If this is the correct fuse info, it looks as though you have 3 fuses related to the ABS.

F6
F26
F76

Last edited: