Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Damn I like that modified stock light, if they made that I might would choose that over the Morimoto.

Where did you find that video?

Last edited:

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn I like that modified stock light, if they made that I might would choose that over the Morimoto.

I thought the exact same thing. This video is on Retro Shop’s YouTube channel. I don’t think they are producing them for sale yet, I think he commented they might be available in about a month or so. After pricing everything out with just the white DRL/amber switchbacks w/HID & LED set up in OEM style projectors...the Morimoto lights might actually be the less expensive option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi

Just popped up on my YouTube the other day

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti

I considered that aftermarket retro light but the LED lines did not look at sharp and clean as morimoto xb led headlight, it looked a bit cheapish imo

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So at The Retro Shop, they don't allow the code TRSGIVING25 to be applied to the Morimoto Ram headlights for 25% off? What's up with that...

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So at The Retro Shop, they don't allow the code TRSGIVING25 to be applied to the Morimoto Ram headlights for 25% off? What's up with that...

Yes that's correct

Contact Nick @Nick@GotExhaust.com, he is offering the free fogs plus a discount

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Its right on the website. Estimated February 2019.
So what's the deal ...? The TRS now changed their eta for the xb led headlights back to December now.

So they're either trying to match other sites that didn't specify eta to not miss out on sales, or they got some good news today..

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what's the deal ...? The TRS now changed their eta for the xb led headlights back to December now.

So they're either trying to match other sites that didn't specify eta to not miss out on sales, or they got some good news today..
Not sure, I opted to build a set rather than wait and have $1300 hang in the balance for possibly months. Chances are likely they will have more than enough sets to be able to order for a period of time after the pre-order. I called TRS a few weeks ago and one of the sales reps recommended waiting, that he has never seen a preorder oversold, and unable to fulfill orders and not have remainders left to sell.

I dropped about $400 on a retrofit kit and while it wont look as nice, or probably perform as well, it will certainly be better than stock.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been looking at the Ford F150 XB headlight videos on youtube and Vette, Morimoto really hits it out of the park. Lights look fantastic and light output far exceeds stock. This is very promising for the Ram versions, especially with H R saying production Ram lights will be brighter in their video of them. I'm pretty satisfied they will be way way brighter than stock. And my personal opinion on looks is that they look so sexy, will really set a 4th gen off coming down the road. Around here there are a lot of trucks, and a lot of Rams. It will definitely be cool to stand out subtly from the crowd. The wait won't be that bad, heck we are basically touching on December now.... November flew by. December will too. For me anyway. :)

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So did anyone find out why the new eta????

I purchased my lights already and don’t mind waiting but just curious as why it was pushed back

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On Morimoto site and the Retro Source has December / January as release date. Thats straight from the source. They have released the '18 F150 and have sent all pre orders out and stock supply. I think the Ram will come fast.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
When I ordered mine today they said December

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
For me, one of the key points was that xb headlight is all built together and I won't need to deal with leaks etc.or replacing bulbs. Should be more reliable than other options

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Its not working because "Retro Shop" is not offering any promo codes or sales for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. The promo code you mentioned, TRSGIVING25 is for "The Retrofit Source", which is a completely different site, and different company, than the Retro Shop.

Either you just mislabeled TRS or your confusing the 2 sites. Either way, Retroshop never does any sales.... ever. The Retrofit Source on the other hand, clearly states in every ad and email about their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales that the 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% off promo-codes will not work on ANY Pre-Order items.

Sucks because with their BF/CM offer of the free XB LED Fog Lights if you buy the XB LED Headlights, if you were able to use the 25% off towards the headlights, you could basically get the XB Tail Lights for free with the money you'd end up saving from the $ off the headlights and the fogs being free, so buying all 3 would end up coming out to basically getting the XB Tails for free which would be a sick deal. Or you'd get the XB Headlights + Fogs for around $1,012.50 and that would just be a ridiculous steal of $1,550 worth of parts, saving $537.50 lol.

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Its not working because "Retro Shop" is not offering any promo codes or sales for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. The promo code you mentioned, TRSGIVING25 is for "The Retrofit Source", which is a completely different site, and different company, than the Retro Shop.

Either you just mislabeled TRS or your confusing the 2 sites. Either way, Retroshop never does any sales.... ever. The Retrofit Source on the other hand, clearly states in every ad and email about their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales that the 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% off promo-codes will not work on ANY Pre-Order items.

Sucks because with their BF/CM offer of the free XB LED Fog Lights if you buy the XB LED Headlights, if you were able to use the 25% off towards the headlights, you could basically get the XB Tail Lights for free with the money you'd end up saving from the $ off the headlights and the fogs being free, so buying all 3 would end up coming out to basically getting the XB Tails for free which would be a sick deal. Or you'd get the XB Headlights + Fogs for around $1,012.50 and that would just be a ridiculous steal of $1,550 worth of parts, saving $537.50 lol.

Fyi, the Retro Shop actually did offer 10% discount for the xb headlights for black Friday, so there was a little break, but I liked the free fogs from TRS instead

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Fyi, the Retro Shop actually did offer 10% discount for the xb headlights for black Friday, so there was a little break, but I liked the free fogs from TRS instead
Really? Wow, I've spoken to JJ about promo codes and discounts and his response was "we list our prices at a price point that we can't offer discounts, otherwise prices would permanently increase year round and then during discounted events (Black Friday, etc) the promo codes would just make the prices what they currently are". Basically saying his prices are so low right now that he can't discount them.

When it comes to the XB lights I'm guessing since he gets those lights at the "TRS Wholesale seller" rate, that he can afford to mark them down 10% from their public MSRP and still not have it cost him money in the end.

But this is all speculation, of course and I don't speak for JJ or Retroshop. Just going off what he told me about promo codes about a year ago.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
Nick at got exhaust was offering the 10% plus free fogs but he never got back to my email so I had trs price match plus got the 25% off taillights and they threw in a set of led license plate lights in for free

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
At least the Ram XB lights are cheaper than the F150 lights. :)
but are they gonna be as bright with half the lights? curious if its the same exact projectors in each headlight because the ford has 4 projectors in each light