Most trouble-free 6" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Saxton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got an '08 1500 Quad-cab long bed. Looking for recommendations for the lift you have had the least issues with...
GO!

PanteraRage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
2wd or 4wd, that will definitely narrow down your options, i just installed the rough country 6" lift on my 03 2wd...it took me two days to install with jack stands and hand tools...The only lifts that i could find for the 2w 3rd gens, are RC 6" lift, or the maxtrac 7"....difference is that the rough country uses a dropped cross-member for the lower control arms, while the maxtrac uses lowered spindels....

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have about 50k miles on my 6" stage 2 Procomp lift. No problems so far.

robdawgaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IF its a 2wd, you should not have any issues with the frontend going fwd. Unless its a crap kit and wont align. In the rear just make sure your pinon angles are in spec and you wont have any issues there.
4wd....well that another story any lift will put more angle to your front drive shafts and cause you more maintenance and possible issues. The lower the lift the better chance that the install can keep the angles within spec.