Recommended Jack for 6" lift Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good Day All,

I am seeking some recommendations for a jack to store in my truck bed that will allow me to change the tire on my 6" lifted Ram w/ 35" tires. Had a bad experience yesterday when my front tire blew out and had to get towed.

I am looking at the following but seeking some guidance on which would be the best for the job.

jacks.jpg

Thank you,

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Jackall, farmer jack etc only works if you have something -solidly mounted, like a winch bumper, rock sliders or the like to jack on. The factory front and rear bumpers will fold over if you use them as the jacking point. I carry the hydraulic bottle jack and jack on the axle, but I am running a 2500. You would likely need to use the frame, at least on the front. Just make sure you have a large enough piece of wood to put under it to get it high enough. Floor jack and the like take up way too much space.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
High end bottle jack, and maybe something needed to lift. I have a combo Jack/Jack stand, that I carry on trips. But I am also stock. Floor jack be perfect, but that is a lot of stuff to store in a bed. U can keep the bottle jack inside under seat. all IMHO. I like this one with the big bottom flat stand, is stable, and you can put stuff under if you have to.

bottle jack.JPG

OP
OP
Ramo70

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jackall, farmer jack etc only works if you have something -solidly mounted, like a winch bumper, rock sliders or the like to jack on. The factory front and rear bumpers will fold over if you use them as the jacking point. I carry the hydraulic bottle jack and jack on the axle, but I am running a 2500. You would likely need to use the frame, at least on the front. Just make sure you have a large enough piece of wood to put under it to get it high enough. Floor jack and the like take up way too much space.
Thank you

OP
OP
Ramo70

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
High end bottle jack, and maybe something needed to lift. I have a combo Jack/Jack stand, that I carry on trips. But I am also stock. Floor jack be perfect, but that is a lot of stuff to store in a bed. U can keep the bottle jack inside under seat. all IMHO. I like this one with the big bottom flat stand, is stable, and you can put stuff under if you have to.

View attachment 537430
Thank you

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’d go with the bottle jack/stand that Turkeybird posted used under the axle. A six inch lift still leaves your axles at near stock height, it’s just the tires raising the axle clearance and it would only be one inch difference going from 33’s to 35’s.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d go with the bottle jack/stand that Turkeybird posted used under the axle. A six inch lift still leaves your axles at near stock height, it’s just the tires raising the axle clearance and it would only be one inch difference going from 33’s to 35’s.
Yep. In a pinch, the factory bottle jack under the seat should work, even if you needed a piece of wood as a shim.

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins

View attachment 537430
I had no idea that combo was even a thing. Learn something new everyday.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Cribbing
is the most reliable and adaptable support once you’re tire is off the ground
it works in all types of conditions
and can be used with most jacks as a riser
Cut down a 12 foot 4x4 fence post into four pieces.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I like the bottle/jack stand combo, but I actually have a floor jack as it was a gift and is in its own carry case. It is also a bit easier for me as the back don't work like it used to, so being able to position from standing is awesome. Plus, free is good.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I like the bottle/jack stand combo, but I actually have a floor jack as it was a gift and is in its own carry case. It is also a bit easier for me as the back don't work like it used to, so being able to position from standing is awesome. Plus, free is good.
I get ease of use, the issue with Trolley Jacks is they are next to useless off pavement or in rough, broken country. Between that and the large size, not feasible for off road with big tires.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I get ease of use, the issue with Trolley Jacks is they are next to useless off pavement or in rough, broken country. Between that and the large size, not feasible for off road with big tires.
I get the inconvenience, but this one has a slide tray, if you will, under it so that it basically slides up over gravel, almost like the curl of a ski front allows the ski to go up over the snow. And it has a great reach so not as worthless as others I have had. But I also have AAA so I tend to not worry anyway and only take it on camping trips to help if needed.

OP
OP
Ramo70

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, that is what I went with. Thanks all for the responses and guidance.

OP
OP
Ramo70

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

MantaRay67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I feel your pain. I'm running 37's on my 2500 Power Wagon and in addition the factory bottle jack have both the 3 ton Uni-Jack/ Stand and a Hi-Lift Extreme 60" (with the required accessories for the off-road base and to lift from the wheel, tow hook and steel bumpers. I learned the hard way that lifting from the bumper allowed droop and barely got the tire off the ground to get it off. If I had a tradtional 48" I would have never gotten it high enough. Now I carry the bottle jack/stand so I can lift from the axel and reduce the risk of the truck shifting/falling from extreme height. I also carry cribbing that others mentioned with two 4x4x12, and four 2x8x8 squares if they are ever not quite tall enough

Attachments

• Hi-Lift Off Road Base.jpg
    Hi-Lift Off Road Base.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Hi-Lift Wheel Lifter.jpg
    Hi-Lift Wheel Lifter.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3
  • hi-lift-hilxt-605-1 (hz).jpg
    hi-lift-hilxt-605-1 (hz).jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Hi-Lift Steel Bumper Lift.jpg
    Hi-Lift Steel Bumper Lift.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Husky 3 Ton UniJack-Stand.JPG
    Husky 3 Ton UniJack-Stand.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Ramo70

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel your pain. I'm running 37's on my 2500 Power Wagon and in addition the factory bottle jack have both the 3 ton Uni-Jack/ Stand and a Hi-Lift Extreme 60" (with the required accessories for the off-road base and to lift from the wheel, tow hook and steel bumpers. I learned the hard way that lifting from the bumper allowed droop and barely got the tire off the ground to get it off. If I had a tradtional 48" I would have never gotten it high enough. Now I carry the bottle jack/stand so I can lift from the axel and reduce the risk of the truck shifting/falling from extreme height. I also carry cribbing that others mentioned with two 4x4x12, and four 2x8x8 squares if they are ever not quite tall enough
Thanks for the added info, my Jack came in yesterday and will def get the additional the squares for support.

Thank you for your service as well.

Jack.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I'm still trying to understand why the factory jack didn't work under the axle? It's what it was designed for... wasn't it?
Factory jack doesn't care what size tire is on the rig. ‍♂️