Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to cover up that 16.1 mpg average on the next pic,lol.

I can pull over 30 mpg out of the wifes 6.4 Challenger on a decent drive,while she's lucky if she gets 22 mpg out of the car on the same drive,i've given up trying to tell her how to drive for milege,as all it does is bite me in the rear,lol.
lol. Was waiting for someone to catch that. That’s HIGH for me.

Had a challenger scat pack 6 speed. I averaged 12.5mpg. Not sure how you pulled off 30.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That's on a decent drive,where i'm not in a huge hurry to get there,lol.As long as i keep the car between 55 and 60 mph,it'll pull down wicked milege for a 6.4 .It's also a 1320 with the factory high stall convertor and 3.09 gears,your 6 speed would of had 3.90 gears,as that's the gears the 5.7 and 6.4 stick cars get

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
That almost exactly 6 months of mileage for me.

I'm retired and living a more leisurely existence than you, apparently.

I'm finished with life in the fast lane, just chilling now. :cool:

That's the way it should be, Brother!
Enjoy life and not have to hustle as hard or as much.
One day I'll be there ;)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now you’re just rubbing it in…

I did my time.

More than 3 decades of multitasking for most of my waking hours.

The pin heads at the company where I worked never appreciated the incredible productivity, only endlessly pushed for more.

It's great to get up most days, have a leisurely breakfast and then figure out how I'm going to have fun. :cool:

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's on a decent drive,where i'm not in a huge hurry to get there,lol.As long as i keep the car between 55 and 60 mph,it'll pull down wicked milege for a 6.4 .It's also a 1320 with the factory high stall convertor and 3.09 gears,your 6 speed would of had 3.90 gears,as that's the gears the 5.7 and 6.4 stick cars get
You have very strong willpower. Quite awesome cars and the size makes them somewhat practical. Unfortunately life is over for big thirsty cars.

Just read up on the 1320. What a cool option. Was not an option in 15 when I ordered mine. That car had a few issues. Factory 245’s should NEVER have been available with a 6 speed. Rain only exacerbated traction issues. Hated the second gear lockout so would ride first a little longer. That backfired on the EPA. Haha. I’m a manual junky but these cars shine with an auto.

Short story: Some dude was trying to race me at 5:30 am one morning. Was a v6 Camaro. Me thinking “I’m about to toast this peasant” so dropped it into 3rd and let off the clutch… oops. Was already doing 96mph and banging against the rev limiter. Took me a second to catch him.

No clue why I get such bad gas mileage…

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You have very strong willpower. Quite awesome cars and the size makes them somewhat practical. Unfortunately life is over for big thirsty cars.

Just read up on the 1320. What a cool option. Was not an option in 15 when I ordered mine. That car had a few issues. Factory 245’s should NEVER have been available with a 6 speed. Rain only exacerbated traction issues. Hated the second gear lockout so would ride first a little longer. That backfired on the EPA. Haha. I’m a manual junky but these cars shine with an auto.

Short story: Some dude was trying to race me at 5:30 am one morning. Was a v6 Camaro. Me thinking “I’m about to toast this peasant” so dropped it into 3rd and let off the clutch… oops. Was already doing 96mph and banging against the rev limiter. Took me a second to catch him.

When the wife wanted to trade her old 16 Scat off,she wanted a Hellcat,but i put my foot down and told her she could get a 1320,but no way were we buying her a Hellcat.The girls hard enough on rear tires as it is,she goes through a set of 305 rear tires every summer,lol.Up till she shatteref her gas pedal leg,she was racing it pretty well every week-end in the summer,with a best time of 11.1 at 3500ft DA.They are fun cars,lol. I grew up in a farming community so once i'm outside the city i like to drive a bit on the slower side,so i can check out what all the farmers are doing,lol. This was me racing it at the Hemi shoot-out last summer,where i went to the final round in a 64 car field,with a foot braked street car,up against alot of dedicated bracket cars.lol.Broke out by .003 and still kick my rear for not tapping the brakes a bit harder at the stripe,aarrgghh,lol

Attachments

• IMG_5206.JPG
    IMG_5206.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Short little video on the 1320's with Jim Wilder,the old head guy of the SRT program.
The trans brake is more of a gimmic then anything,as i don't know of anybody bracket racing the 1320 or the 18 Demon that is using the t-brake.

Attachments

• IMG_4140 (2)_LI.jpg
    IMG_4140 (2)_LI.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN5289 (2).JPG
    DSCN5289 (2).JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
p till she shatteref her gas pedal leg
What happened? Until you have done it, hard for people to understand how debilitating it is.
This February I broke my leg snow skiing. Tibia plateau fracture and acl tear/avolsion in my left knee. On crutches for 8 weeks and just learning how to rewalk. Started driving my Jeep again last week but not easy. Surgery in a month. It’s the little things you grow apparition for.

Staying on topic, I worry more about medical bills than miles per gal.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What happened? Until you have done it, hard for people to understand how debilitating it is.
This February I broke my leg snow skiing. Tibia plateau fracture and acl tear/avolsion in my left knee. On crutches for 8 weeks and just learning how to rewalk. Started driving my Jeep again last week but not easy. Surgery in a month. It’s the little things you grow apparition for.

Staying on topic, I worry more about medical bills than miles per gal.
She took a hell'va fall,and shattered her knee,and basically turned her lower shin bone into a cauliflower top.She was finally cleared to drive again yesterday,after 2 years,but she doesn't think she'll be back racing again anytime soon. Sucks getting old,as things don't heal anywhere near as fast at 60 as they do at 18.
I agree it's hard for other people to comprehend how debliitating an injury is once you're older.

14ramdjh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
drive like an old man, drive at 45 mph, use cruise control, drive on level earth, on a non-windy day, and i bet you can achieve 31 mpg.

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Highway & mixed I get 21.5 on my 2015 hemi. New tires did raise the mpg's 1 mpg.

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not broke in yet. Also look for non-ethanol fuel. Better without eth

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I have a 2024 Rebel 5.7 hemi and I’m getting under 14 mpg city and 16.5 mpg highway, these numbers are way under the sticker numbers . Is there something I can do to increase mpg?
Get a Prius?

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I can get 22-26 ish straight flat but then I got a CC with 5.7 and AT tires. Reality I be in the 20-21 mpg at 70 mph flat sometimes Cruise on. But hey normally highway is moving 80-85 mph and on a Hemi be down to 16 mph at them speeds.
The cruise control doesn't save gas. You can do better with your foot if you want the best milage. If you don't want to concentrate on milage, use the cruise m

ericbsc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 limited
Engine
5.7 etourque
I just turned 5000 miles on my 2023 limited 4 wheel drive. I had a 2015 ecodiesel before. Before they forced me to reprogram in order to get the settlement it got 24-26 around town. After the reprogram it went to 21-22 and would do no more. I am showing 18.6 right now on the new one. I am not sure which gear it has. We have only been on two long highway trips and it went up above 20 but didnt stay long!LOL I figure with diesel being over $1.00 more than gas it is cheaper to drive gas. And P.S. Dang a hemi sounds good when it starts!LOL

dordoc2506

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2024 Rebel 5.7 hemi and I’m getting under 14 mpg city and 16.5 mpg highway, these numbers are way under the sticker numbers . Is there something I can do to increase
I have a 2024 Rebel 5.7 hemi and I’m getting under 14 mpg city and 16.5 mpg highway, these numbers are way under the sticker numbers . Is there something I can do to increase mpg?
I have a 2020 3500 Quad Cab, 4x4 Long Box, 6.4 hemi MDS and i get 20 mpg at 65 mph, City Sucks though less than 10 mpg...

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 3500 Quad Cab, 4x4 Long Box, 6.4 hemi MDS and i get 20 mpg at 65 mph, City Sucks though less than 10 mpg...
Glad you can get 20 out of your 6.4...best mine has gotten was around 16...Lie o meter showed 17.8 though!! Haha. I put 35" tires on last fall and that absolutely killed gas mileage. I get 13 highway now on a good day...oh well...I don't really care. I don't drive that much. Just changed oil. I change oil every 6 months. Only about 3800 miles driven in that 6 months.

CoveredWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2021 2500 Big Horn 6.4L gets better MPG than the Chevy 1500 5.3L ever though of having. I can't complain. I had a 2014 2500 Big Horn with the 5.7L and did better than my old Ford F150 with 4.6L or the Chevy 1500 with 5.3L. I wsa really suprised if the differences!