Muffler question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have the MF catback exhaust for my 12 and I'm wondering if the mufflex 14" would be able to replace this 22" muffler because it's just a little too quiet for me.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'd have to extend the pipe on the front side.
But I see zero reason why you couldn't do this.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think it would need some modification. The oa length on the stock muffler that the mufflex is designed to replace is something like 36-38 inches iirc. Alignment of the pipes after the muffler might be different too. Might be easier and cheaper to buy a 14 inch and have your local shop do it. My shop quoted $135 in parts and labour if I brought the muffler.

Cold Lake, Alberta? I'm up in a Peace River.

OP
OP
Boosted

Boosted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think it would need some modification. The oa length on the stock muffler that the mufflex is designed to replace is something like 36-38 inches iirc. Alignment of the pipes after the muffler might be different too. Might be easier and cheaper to buy a 14 inch and have your local shop do it. My shop quoted $135 in parts and labour if I brought the muffler.

Cold Lake, Alberta? I'm up in a Peace River.

I would definitely bring it to a shop because I had to jimmy rig the 22" muffler and the one I want to put on is the 14". Want more bark!
And yes Cold Lake AB for life.