Mufflex DOD250035 VS. Magnaflow 19493

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Considering both of these for my 6.4. I have read Mufflex uses a Magnaflow muffler so is there really any difference between these two products? Are they possibly different mufflers even though they are the same brand? The reason I ask is the Mufflex option is about $100 cheaper.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have heard they are the same also. I have the magnaflow on mine. I have had it on for less than a year, and I think I'm going back to the stock muffler. I think the magnaflow sounds great most of the time, but gets a little annoying and has drone at certain rpms when towing our boat and 5th wheel. It is getting close to being that time of year, so I will go back to stock for the summer months. Maybe even longer since I'm getting older and like the quietness.

OP
OP
C

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have heard they are the same also. I have the magnaflow on mine. I have had it on for less than a year, and I think I'm going back to the stock muffler. I think the magnaflow sounds great most of the time, but gets a little annoying and has drone at certain rpms when towing our boat and 5th wheel. It is getting close to being that time of year, so I will go back to stock for the summer months. Maybe even longer since I'm getting older and like the quietness.
Did you remove the rearmost resonator too or just swap mufflers? That is my fear as well, too much noise. I tow a lot. I am also considering a larger muffler too which would involve more on the install side but maybe the best of both worlds.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The rear resonator is still in place. It isn't horribly loud when pulling, but you can definitely tell it is quite a bit louder. A larger muffler might be good. Get a little more sound, but not terribly loud.