Multiple communication and voltage codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8 with eTorque
Hey guys

Hoping this makes sense to someone. I've been googling some of these codes to see if there is a common denominator. Had a bunch of battery issues with the last cold snap here. The battery still tests ok, but on the lower end of the OK, so I just bought a new one. Using a BlueDriver to get the codes and clear them.

After having the battery off for 30 min and doing a Uconnect reset, I scanned to see what all in there. Not really noticing anything with the truck now, but I'd rather sort issues out at home than on the side of the road or in another city!

My codes:

3 Confirmed Code Code
U1514-87 Engine Controller Secret Code : Missing Message
B2303-13 Wiper Park Switch Input Circuit/Performance : Circuit Open
B2199-16 Battery Voltage : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold

2 Front Control Module (Central Gateway) Codes
U1514-87 Engine Controller Secret Code : Missing Message
B2303-13 Wiper Park Switch Input Circuit/Performance : Circuit Open

2 Radio Frequency Hub Codes
B2199- 16 Battery Voltage : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold
U103C- 00 KIN/IGNM Communication : No Sub Type Information

3 Anti Lock Brakes Codes
C2100-16 Battery Voltage Low : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold
C2206-00 Vehicle Configuration Mismatch : No Sub Type Information
U0100-00 Lost Communication With ECM/PCM : No Sub Type Information

4 Electronic Shifter Module Codes
P1C8C-16 System Voltage : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold
P1C8B-16 Battery Voltage : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold
U145D-00 Implausible Data Received From TCM On D-PT : No Sub Type Information
U0402-00 Invalid Data Received From TCM : No Sub Type Information

4 Adaptive Cruise Control Codes
C2225-00 PCM Disabled ECU : No Sub Type Information
U141E-00 Implausible Data Received from Cruise Control Switch : No Sub Type Information
C2129-16 Battery Voltage : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold

1 Electric Power Steering Code
C212A-84 System Voltage : Signal Below Allowable Range

1 Parktronics Code
B210C-16 Battery Voltage Input Circuit/Performance : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold

1 Steering Column Control Module Code
B23A1-2A Flash to Pass/Optical Horn Switch Circuit Performance : Signal Stuck In Range

2 Air Suspension Control Module Codes
C1562-92 Ride Height Air Pump Control Circuit : Performance or Incorrect Operation

1 Powertrain Control Module Code
C0604 Active Air Dam Control Circuit Performance

1 Transmission Control Module Code
P1DF3-00 ECU Not Initialized : No Sub Type Information

2 Hybrid Control Processor Codes
U1818-00 Lost Communication With ECM/PCM on D-PT CAN : No Sub Type Information

Just seems like a lot is flagged out here and almost like the codes didn't clear maybe?
Most of this would probably make sense with the low voltage issues with the cold weather and a weak battery and like I said everything seems to be in working order.

Thanks in advance for any insight here!

OP
OP
T

tgreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having that many codes from different modules and the descriptions leads me to believe they are all from a common source, and that is low voltage. I would drive the truck a little and try clearing out the codes again.
That makes sense. I'll give it some time then
Thanks for the reply!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Having that many codes from different modules and the descriptions leads me to believe they are all from a common source, and that is low voltage. I would drive the truck a little and try clearing out the codes again.
^^^^^^
This all day long.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Going by your description with all the codes popping up and everything leads me to battery and or charging system !
I would be replacing my Battery and checking my alternator to make sure it is charging properly !

OP
OP
T

tgreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced the battery. Alternator is putting out 14.4 Vdc.
I think the codes were likely triggered by the cold temps and my trying to get the truck started.
It was -40C here and, even though the block heater was plugged in, the battery was just weak enough to draw itself down to nothing. I warmed it up and charged it, battery tester said it was still in the 'OK' range. Replaced it anyway as it's nearly a 5 year old battery.

Hopefully the "running it for a while and reset the codes" does the trick, cause of course warrantee is passed for me!

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Common issue, usually takes hours, possibly even a day or two, for all the codes to be reset. Drive the truck normally.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I replaced the battery. Alternator is putting out 14.4 Vdc.
I think the codes were likely triggered by the cold temps and my trying to get the truck started.
It was -40C here and, even though the block heater was plugged in, the battery was just weak enough to draw itself down to nothing. I warmed it up and charged it, battery tester said it was still in the 'OK' range. Replaced it anyway as it's nearly a 5 year old battery.

Hopefully the "running it for a while and reset the codes" does the trick, cause of course warrantee is passed for me!
yes that would do it and yes 5yr old time to replace !
I did my brakes on all 4 corners and upgraded to slotted cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads this past summer ! not thinking put truck in neutral by key and killed battery ! boosted it and battery was scrap like you 4 1/2 to 5 yr old battery ! lol now that was a DA moment on my part since i know better ! lol up till then never had a issue with battery

K Price

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Rookie question here, what code reader would be best for a 2016 - 2500 6.7?
I'm a little fed up with my dealer reading off codes emanating from my transmission. The number I do understand is the $7500 to rebuild a trans with 71000 miles.

Allen2k18

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Rookie question here, what code reader would be best for a 2016 - 2500 6.7?
I'm a little fed up with my dealer reading off codes emanating from my transmission. The number I do understand is the $7500 to rebuild a trans with 71000 miles.
ObdLinkMX+ is a great little Bluetooth scanner. Pair it with AlfaObd on a windows or android platform and it’s pretty versatile for these pickups.

OP
OP
T

tgreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, thanks guys for all the help and pointers here.

I have most of this sorted, figure I should post my results in case it's useful for someone else looking

I tried driving this normally for a few weeks and nothing got any better. Clearing the codes seemed to do nothing for me as they would just return

To get the barrage of voltage codes to clear I pulled the power for over an hour and then reconnected it and let it sit overnight. Ran it the next day for a road trip and scanned before as well as after. All these codes are now gone and I'm left with a few stragglers that I'll need to dig in to:

Code:
Anti Lock Brakes Code
C2206-00 Vehicle Configuration Mismatch : No Sub Type Information

Adaptive Cruise Control Code
C2129-16 Battery Voltage : Circuit Voltage Below Threshold

Air Suspension Control Module Codes
C1562-92 Ride Height Air Pump Control Circuit : Performance or Incorrect Operation
C15D9-00 Low Air Mass : No Sub Type Information

I'll start looking at the alternator, fusing and block connectors. Hopefully something is just loose

Anyway, thanks again fellas for the help!