My lightbar....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Night shot....photos don't justify the light output of these things...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 216

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried to get a little info on light bars by starting a thread.. but no bites. Then I stumbled upon this thread, hopefully some of you guys can help me with your opinions.

I want to put 2 light bars on my Sport. A 42" in the lower valance of the bumper, and the other, a 50" or 52", whichever fits better above the windshield.

I'd like to know your opinion on the build quality of your bar overall compared to the money spent. (i.e. condensation, blinking/burnt-out LED's, light output). Which brand do you have and how much was it?

Im also looking for one with 6000k lights to match my heads and fogs as well.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried to get a little info on light bars by starting a thread.. but no bites. Then I stumbled upon this thread, hopefully some of you guys can help me with your opinions.

I want to put 2 light bars on my Sport. A 42" in the lower valance of the bumper, and the other, a 50" or 52", whichever fits better above the windshield.

I'd like to know your opinion on the build quality of your bar overall compared to the money spent. (i.e. condensation, blinking/burnt-out LED's, light output). Which brand do you have and how much was it?

As far as what bar to go with will depend on how deep your pockets are.

People swear by rigids and I don't doubt their quality...but I can't justify the price for my use.

That's another deciding factor...USE.
How often will you be using it? I don't use mine all that often.

That's why I went with a 30" $98 ebay special and it works great. No condensation, burnt bulbs..nothin. And I think they usually come around 5-6k. Light output is more than enough for my use...wayyyy brighter than my hid low's/fogs.

Last edited:

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7

I have a Visionx lightbar. I use it about 3-4 days out of the week for some back country driving. About 30 miles one way. Because of the need for a quality light, and the amount Of time I use it, I felt I could justify a higher end LED light bar.

I have a review on the forum just search "Visionx" and it will pop up.

It is not a 6000k light. More mid 5000k. Visionx claims it causes less eye fatigue during long term use compared to the "hotter" 6000k. If that makes sense.

2fa692fbbe04ad5d49dd3e196dffb923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As far as what bar to go with will depend on how deep your pockets are.

People swear by rigids and I don't doubt their quality...but I can't justify the price for my use.

That's another deciding factor...USE.
How often will you be using it? I don't use mine all that often.

That's why I went with a 42" $98 ebay special and it works great. No condensation, burnt bulbs..nothin. And I think they usually come around 5-6k. Light output is more than enough for my use...wayyyy brighter than my hid low's/fogs.

I'm in that boat too. I heard the same thing about Ridigs, but I'm not gonna throw my life savings at them either.

I could see spending $200 or less per light and I would be ok with it. My intention of use would be as a secondary high beam as I drive to work at 2 a.m. every morning and would hate to get to know a deer by his first name.

Also, was looking at mounting the one above the windshield with pillar mounts because I don't want to drill holes in my roof, should I trade this in one day. Any recommendations on those mounts?

Last edited:

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Visionx lightbar. I use it about 3-4 days out of the week for some back country driving. About 30 miles one way. Because of the need for a quality light, and the amount Of time I use it, I felt I could justify a higher end LED light bar.

I have a review on the forum just search "Visionx" and it will pop up.

It is not a 6000k light. More mid 5000k. Visionx claims it causes less eye fatigue during long term use compared to the "hotter" 6000k. If that makes sense.

2fa692fbbe04ad5d49dd3e196dffb923.jpg

How much was the setup? I'm not looking to spend $1k on a light.

I'll check out your review, thanks.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in that boat too. I heard the same thing about Ridigs, but I'm not gonna throw my life savings at them either.

I could see spending $200 or less per light and I would be ok with it. My intention of use would be as a secondary high beam as I drive to work at 2 a.m. every morning and would hate to get to know a deer by his first name.

Also, was looking at mounting the one above the windshield with pillar mounts because I don't want to drill holes in my roof, should I trade this in one day. Any recommendations on those mounts?

Since youll be using it quite often I'd opt for a lil pricier light if you can afford it.

There's so many brands out there to choose from as well I'm sure you could find one for $200.

Can't help you on recommending roof light mounts. I decided against the roof mount option because of the holes and possible water issues.

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since youll be using it quite often I'd opt for a lil pricier light if you can afford it.

There's so many brands out there to choose from as well I'm sure you could find one for $200.

Can't help you on recommending roof light mounts. I decided against the roof mount option because of the holes and possible water issues.

I'm thinking I may avoid it as well. Unless the one I put on my bumper doesn't give me the light coverage I want, then I'll put one on the roof. My Ram is only leveled, so i may need to put one up there, but my first choice is on the bumper for now as I like that slick factory look. I am going for functionality too though..

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A 42" bumper light will give you way more than enough light.

I'd just make sure it's a flood/spot combo.

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I just purchased a Westin lightbar and just installed it on my Sport this weekend. I had it powdercoated to match my truck's color. I have 4 KC Gravity LED's on it but haven't wired it just yet. I'm not too impressed with the overall quality on the Westin bar though. It looks good but seems flimsy. I can tap the bar and the darn thing bounces a bit. I can just imagine how the light will wobble when lit. I hate that! Here's a pic of the setup.

Attachments

• Ram pics 10-9-15 002.jpg
    Ram pics 10-9-15 002.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 224

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just purchased a Westin lightbar and just installed it on my Sport this weekend. I had it powdercoated to match my truck's color. I have 4 KC Gravity LED's on it but haven't wired it just yet. I'm not too impressed with the overall quality on the Westin bar though. It looks good but seems flimsy. I can tap the bar and the darn thing bounces a bit. I can just imagine how the light will wobble when lit. I hate that! Here's a pic of the setup.

Please post photos of the KC LED lights. Lots of photos. I am very interested in this product. Thanks.

I have the KC halogen lights. I am considering an upgrade to the LEDs.
3f7c8938f35c1641e0a0795f3ae7a087.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where do you half chrome bumper guys put your light bar?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting to see this too...

There's been a couple dudes inquiring that have the half bumper but never posted what they came up with.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still waiting to see this too...

There's been a couple dudes inquiring that have the half bumper but never posted what they came up with.
Some guy mounted it under the chrome bumper I can't find the post or pics..was a while ago. I think it was the guy who has a avatars of a bikini clad girl .

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some guy mounted it under the chrome bumper I can't find the post or pics..was a while ago. I think it was the guy who has a avatars of a bikini clad girl .

Are you talking about xrsman? If so, he's on the first page of this thread towards the bottom. He's got a 55" below his chrome bumper.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agh crap....I thought you were talking about the chrome bumper between the tow hooks.

I'm a ****.