Navigation/directions often not logical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMHON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
I live in the metro NYC area. For some reason when I program a trip from my home in northern NJ to the Albany NY area it takes me off the major highway NY State Thruway to an adjacent side highway (Rt 17). Should be a direct shot from my house on Thruway to Albany!!!! I have tested all the various settings (Fastest, Shortest, Economical, avoid on/off etc.) but nothing seems to work. Anyone else experience similar? Suggestions?

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I live in the metro NYC area. For some reason when I program a trip from my home in northern NJ to the Albany NY area it takes me off the major highway NY State Thruway to an adjacent side highway (Rt 17). Should be a direct shot from my house on Thruway to Albany!!!! I have tested all the various settings (Fastest, Shortest, Economical, avoid on/off etc.) but nothing seems to work. Anyone else experience similar? Suggestions?

If your talking about our built in GPS- they are junk! I gave up on mine shortly after getting it and now use my handheld Tom Tom with free map upgrades. I have tried the built in from Colorado to Newfoundland, Alaska, and Texas. It is unreliable and will drive you around in circles more times than not. The POI's are no good as they will take you to Walmart (example) miles away rather than the locations in between.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990