navigation set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kellyjonesrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Desiel
Can someone give me steps to set up navigation on my 2016 Ram 3500?

jrowles91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm interested in this also. I went to the dealer to have the turn it on and they wanted $750!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check Navrepair.com they will activate you factory Nav for around half of that.

Recon12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
iPhone Navigation

I have found the iPhone app Maps that comes with the phone very easy to use and works well in the Ram. You can set Maps up so the audio guidance plays back via Bluetooth thru the Ram speakers at your choice of 3 volume levels and it mutes the music when it gives the guidance. Only drawback is the screen is smaller. For the cost of the nav upgrade you can almost pay for a brand new iPhone 6 plus!

i-5L5rbGK-XL.jpg

I deliberately passed on the nav option at ordering because this just seemed like a more logical approach. I have nav in my wife's Toyota and we HATE it. It is just not user friendly and we never use it. That was a waste of money.

Sorry I did not answer the OP original question, but felt I had to comment on this.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Imo , I've used the phone app for Nav for the last 3 years , I've recently upgraded my RA1 3.0 non touchscreen to the oem RA4 8.4 AN with Navigation , and there is no comparison , worth it imo , the navigation is very user friendly and as good as any app I've ever used .
The SXM features of weather , realtime traffic and travel link also are useful .
I would contact www.navrepair.com to get Nav turned on , as RicksRam alluded to above .

Hope this helps !

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The SXM features of weather , realtime traffic and travel link also are useful .
I would contact www.navrepair.com to get Nav turned on , as RicksRam alluded to above .

You get those features with the 8.4AN radio, but they do not function when you activate Nav on a 8.4A. If you want a fully functional Nav unit look for replacing the OEM 8.4A with a 8.4AN as many done here. You may find it costs about the same in the end.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd say ^^^^^^ that's a pretty accurate statement .

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have found the iPhone app Maps that comes with the phone very easy to use and works well in the Ram. You can set Maps up so the audio guidance plays back via Bluetooth thru the Ram speakers at your choice of 3 volume levels and it mutes the music when it gives the guidance. Only drawback is the screen is smaller. For the cost of the nav upgrade you can almost pay for a brand new iPhone 6 plus!

i-5L5rbGK-XL.jpg

I deliberately passed on the nav option at ordering because this just seemed like a more logical approach. I have nav in my wife's Toyota and we HATE it. It is just not user friendly and we never use it. That was a waste of money.

Sorry I did not answer the OP original question, but felt I had to comment on this.

how do you set it up to mute the audio ad use the bluetooth for the guidance? does your source have to playing bluetooth already?

BlkSport15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just used navrepair.com, better cost compared to dealer. Phone GPS is nice, but having the VR and big screen is very nice.

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
how do you set it up to mute the audio ad use the bluetooth for the guidance? does your source have to playing bluetooth already?

Unfortunately, it's only available on iPhone (as of the last time this came up). If you have an iPhone, look here. Works when listening to any source.