Need Engine for my Ram!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all. New to this forum. I am in desperate need of a new or used hemi or similar motor that is an upgrade to the hemi with low miles. I have a 2013 1500 Laramie crew cab with 225,000+ miles on mine and the other night while driving home from work, the engine overheated and the head gasket went and I have a possible cracked block along with a crack in the radiator. I have been getting quotes for a new engine and it seems a little steep so I am asking this forum if anyone knows where I can get an engine out of a wreck, etc with low miles and with some sort of warranty. The body is in great shape as I have kept it that way since new and thought I would get more mileage too since I have done what's necessary to keep the truck running. I would love an upgrade too if possible as I am hearing that the 5.7 and 6.2 share the same block. I await your responses. I am at the Jersey shore so anything close by would be great but I realize I might have to go alot further for what I want.

Thanks,

PhilD

PS You can also email me at [email protected] with any ideas as I might not be on here alot cause of work!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
At 225,000+ even if you have the early 8 speed,you'll want to budget for a transmission if you want to add more power to it.Figure on $30,000+ to throw a hellcats 6.2 in it..

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi all. New to this forum. I am in desperate need of a new or used hemi or similar motor that is an upgrade to the hemi with low miles. I have a 2013 1500 Laramie crew cab with 225,000+ miles on mine and the other night while driving home from work, the engine overheated and the head gasket went and I have a possible cracked block along with a crack in the radiator. I have been getting quotes for a new engine and it seems a little steep so I am asking this forum if anyone knows where I can get an engine out of a wreck, etc with low miles and with some sort of warranty. The body is in great shape as I have kept it that way since new and thought I would get more mileage too since I have done what's necessary to keep the truck running. I would love an upgrade too if possible as I am hearing that the 5.7 and 6.2 share the same block. I await your responses. I am at the Jersey shore so anything close by would be great but I realize I might have to go alot further for what I want.

Thanks,

PhilD

PS You can also email me at [email protected] with any ideas as I might not be on here alot cause of work!
I'm sure you can find a low-mileage engine out of a wreck if you look around. You will never, however, get one that has any kind of a warranty on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357