Need help with Metra CHTO-02 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Of Tampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings all!! This is my first post to the site. I recently bought a 2004 Ram 1500 SLT. I hated the stock radio and went on to install an aftermarket radio (Pioneer DEH-X55HD). I also purchased the Metra CHTO-02 interface so I could use the Infinity amp (7 speaker). The install went well and I called Metra tech support twice just to confirm my wiring to the radio harness. The CHTO-02 did not come with RCA plugs (radio does have the female connectors) so I did a hardwire to the harness as instructed by tech support. 90% of the install went well except for one thing. It seems the "Fade" control on the radio is controlling the "Balance". When I first turned the radio on, I had right channels only. As I adjusted the radio fade control, the left channel came up BUT is still low and muffled. The rear speakers seem to be OK (I think) yet have a lot ot treble to them. The right side channel also seems to be carrying most of the signal and is VERY bassy (even with EQ adjustments). I sent an email to Metra tech support and haven't gotten an answer yet. Any ideas???

canadian kido

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Try adjusting the potentiometer, it will be just the right of the main 16 pin harness on the Metra plug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlorianB