Need help with wheels and tire fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
need help looking to buy tire and wheel package will a -18 with 35x12.5 20 fit with no rubbing or trimming on 2022 power wagon 2500 looking for the tire to stick out about a inch past fenders or what size and offset will do what I’m looking for

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Why do you want them out so far? I’m not an old guy with huge flares and a +50 offset, but it’s going to trash your paint. +1 at best. Yes rims with more contour look good. I won’t disagree.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why do you want them out so far? I’m not an old guy with huge flares and a +50 offset, but it’s going to trash your paint. +1 at best. Yes rims with more contour look good. I won’t disagree.

That’s an absurd statement. Everything is subjective so if he likes it why would you ask that?
Personally, I have 22x12 -54. That is the look I like.
This is the look he obviously wants. It looks good. Go off with your positive offset, geriatric lol

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine don’t stick out that far! An inch at best! No rub at all! I think if they were on a stock wheel, I would be rubbing at full lock?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine don’t stick out that far! An inch at best! No rub at all! I think if they were on a stock wheel, I would be rubbing at full lock?
With stock wheels 35’s just kiss the radius arms. 37’s do as well, along with the sway bar. Dosnt hurt anything tho.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ran -18’s on one of my last trucks. Just depends on the truck. As I said in my statement before I actually like the look of a rim with a negative offset. Just giving the op another opinion.

Schotzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That’s an absurd statement. Everything is subjective so if he likes it why would you ask that?
Personally, I have 22x12 -54. That is the look I like.
This is the look he obviously wants. It looks good. Go off with your positive offset, geriatric lol
Any pictures? I’m looking to do the same thing with my 2022 PW. Thanks!

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
looking for the tire to stick out about a inch past fenders
Please don't, tires sticking out past the fenders look so silly. Besides, you'll ruin your paint and have dirt streaks on the doors all the time.
35x12.5" tires fit on the stock rims without rubbing and without sticking out past the fenders.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please don't, tires sticking out past the fenders look so silly. Besides, you'll ruin your paint and have dirt streaks on the doors all the time.
35x12.5" tires fit on the stock rims without rubbing and without sticking out past the fenders.
Again, another absurd statement. Who does it look silly to? You? Are you paying for his wheels? Are you paying for mine? -no therefore you should NOT tell anyone to do (or not do) something because you dislike the look.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Some peeps may not like it but I run a 2in spacer on factory wheels. The tires are 35x12.5x17. I like a little poke from the fenders or at least flush with the flares.I have zero rubbing.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.png
    IMG_1883.png
    579.9 KB · Views: 40

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Again, another absurd statement. Who does it look silly to? You? Are you paying for his wheels? Are you paying for mine? -no therefore you should NOT tell anyone to do (or not do) something because you dislike the look.
Looks are obviously subjective. My main concern was that the wheel wells provide protection from road debris for a reason, and having tires sticking out will negate that.

I'm not telling him or anyone what or what not to do, just pointing out potential issues that not everyone may have identified beforehand.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat