Need Mirror help on my newer 2013 ram Big horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got this truck a 2013 Big Horn.

Still learning all the features this has its a 1 owner truck and nice and clean.

My question on the power fold mirrors is.

**On the door mirror switch to adjust the mirrors is that suppose to illuminate at night as mine does not. The window switches and lock button does light.

**Second question on the passenger side power fold mirror its a bit lazy folding sometimes it will and times it will not same for unfolding or it will get stuck half way.

Is this something that can be fixed or how is the housing taken apart maybe i can fix or is there a repair kit for the mirror?
I see them on ebay quite expensive.
Driver side works great

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got this truck a 2013 Big Horn.

Still learning all the features this has its a 1 owner truck and nice and clean.

My question on the power fold mirrors is.

**On the door mirror switch to adjust the mirrors is that suppose to illuminate at night as mine does not. The window switches and lock button does light.

**Second question on the passenger side power fold mirror its a bit lazy folding sometimes it will and times it will not same for unfolding or it will get stuck half way.

Is this something that can be fixed or how is the housing taken apart maybe i can fix or is there a repair kit for the mirror?
I see them on ebay quite expensive.
Driver side works great
The adjustment switch does not illuminate. The power fold mirrors will sometimes retract and extend at different speeds and that is normal. They stop when they detect a higher current draw when fully extended or folded. It sounds like your mirror may be dragging enough to actually stop in on occasion because of the higher current draw. I have not taken a power fold mirror apart so I can't give you any advice on how you might fix it. As far as your approach/puddle lights go as discussed on the alfa thread they are LED and it would be very uncommon for all four of them(two on each side) all to go out at once. Since you already checked and made sure the codes are present in the BCM for them to work and they were present it's deffinently a mystery as to why they don't. The only other part of the system other than having the correct codes enabled in the BCM and obviously the wiring are the door control modules and the mirrors themselves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the mirror lights I did check again and they do work the clear/white lights do work but for about 5 seconds then go out. Any adjustment for longer on time?

Well Some where in time might just get a used mirror as my driveway is very narrow and having the power fold is good in my situation. But can live with it for now until i get a good deal.

thanks for the reply

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the mirror lights I did check again and they do work the clear/white lights do work but for about 5 seconds then go out. Any adjustment for longer on time?

Well Some where in time might just get a used mirror as my driveway is very narrow and having the power fold is good in my situation. But can live with it for now until i get a good deal.

thanks for the reply
I am not aware of any way to adjust the puddle light duration. They will only illuminate for a few seconds when the truck is locked via remote but should illuminated for 20 or so seconds when the truck is unlocked via remote. They should also illuminate whenever ANY of the doors are opened. Since they do seem to somewhat work so you know the lights are not defective I am thinking there has to be a code or a setting that we are missing. I have been modifying and working on these trucks for a while and I have not seen this happen. When you have been able to get them to come on is it when the truck is being locked or unlocked or just opening the doors?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotemgoddard