Need OEM Grille to black out chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathan Cole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hello, I am blacking out my chrome on my 2016 Ram 1500 Bighorn 2WD. I am replacing my bumpers with color match painted ones. The issue is the grille. I cannot find a black OEM grille without the R/T badge. Does anyone know where I can buy a black OEM grille. I would like one without the honey comb that came on my truck. It does not necessarily have to be one without the honeycomb style I will still take what I can get. Thanks.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sport grille will have chrome in the inserts, the same as your Big Horn is - if I am not mistaken.
Honeycomb is all black.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes sport will be vehicle color, with small chrome bars, correct, similar to the Bighorn

upload_2020-2-20_16-6-20.png

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello, I am blacking out my chrome on my 2016 Ram 1500 Bighorn 2WD. I am replacing my bumpers with color match painted ones. The issue is the grille. I cannot find a black OEM grille without the R/T badge. Does anyone know where I can buy a black OEM grille. I would like one without the honey comb that came on my truck. It does not necessarily have to be one without the honeycomb style I will still take what I can get. Thanks.

Just a heads up,the Sport grill might cause your temps to increase slightly over the Honeycomb grill. The Sport grill is very restrictive as far as airflow goes ,compared to the honey comb grill.Before you buy one,go find a Sport and take a look at it close,and you'll see the difference in the size of the holes air flows through.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never saw a Big Horn with a honeycomb grille????

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a max steel painted honeycomb OEM grill which is close to black and a good painter that could make it black. He painted my new grill thus why I want to get rid of the other

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried the slats vs. the honeycomb but the slats limit air flow and I was running a bit warm when towing in the heat of the summer - mainly over 95 degrees w/high humidity time.

I have 2018 hydroblue wishbone grille I need to paint and put it on my Outdoorsman. I liked the Hydroblue trucks with that grille and am hoping it will look just as good when painted in blue streak.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Big Horn black came with honeycombs.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried the slats vs. the honeycomb but the slats limit air flow and I was running a bit warm when towing in the heat of the summer - mainly over 95 degrees w/high humidity time.

I have 2018 hydroblue wishbone grille I need to paint and put it on my Outdoorsman. I liked the Hydroblue trucks with that grille and am hoping it will look just as good when painted in blue streak.

Please post pictures when you're done
Jay

DJ Maresco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the one off my big Horn I'm selling was only on truck 2 months before I swapped it out.

Screenshot_20200223-225627_Cloud.jpg