Need this part asap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idk how the heck it fell off but dealer voided warranty due to adding air suspension by Airlift(very stupid reason to void) and now they wont cover it . It's the nut that holds the lower control arm. I saw them listed for 100 for both the nut and bolt but was wondering if I can purchase the nut individually. It's part # 17 on the diagram.
The lower control arm part is 4877152AB
My truck is a 2018 ram 2500 tradesman 6.7L Crew cab.

Screenshot_20190521-185739_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190521-190337_eBay.jpg

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take the Bolt to a hardware store? That extension on the bolt is prolly a “ Lock” but you can just use lock tight if you want. Should save you 100$ in total.

OP
OP
A

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take the Bolt to a hardware store? That extension on the bolt is prolly a “ Lock” but you can just use lock tight if you want. Should save you 100$ in total.
I thought about doing that but I'm going to remove the air bags so they dont blame them in the future. Rather have it look legit as possible. That 100 dollar part isnt OEM. I think they just raise the price like crazy

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
#17 in your picture for a 2018 Tradesman 6.7 might be part# 6511064AA from any RAM dealer and has a list price of $12.10 if you're looking for the OEM nut. If you want it all to match just buy the bolt also if it's different from the one you currently have to match the new nut.

Double check your application at a dealer parts counter for your exact part as I'm just going by the info you posted and they will need your vin# to verify.

Last edited:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did the dealer flag ur truck? I believe once they document and void the warranty on the effected parts.. you’re hosed.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to find a new dealer. That is complete asinine.

You should ask them if that bolt falls off the the trucks with the factory rear air suspension.

Last edited:

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
The part you changed you are responsible for all the rest the dealer must handle. They cannot void any manufacture warranty. That is a con job. I have used this in the past on my garage door, my outdoor grill etc. They all voided my warranty and I filed charges under this act. In the end it cost them thousands of dollars responding to the feds and it cost me a few hours filling out on line the case on the Gov't website. Its amazing how they cough up in the end.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

OP
OP
A

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The part you changed you are responsible for all the rest the dealer must handle. They cannot void any manufacture warranty. That is a con job. I have used this in the past on my garage door, my outdoor grill etc. They all voided my warranty and I filed charges under this act. In the end it cost them thousands of dollars responding to the feds and it cost me a few hours filling out on line the case on the Gov't website. Its amazing how they cough up in the end.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act
Where is this website you are talking about? They are obviously not abiding by the law. And I have pictures to prove that my truck was swaying and leaking oil from the shocks much before i even installed the air bags.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Its been at least 5 years since I did it last. This computer now has a new ssd installed so I have no access to my old records they are long gone. I believe it was with the FTC.