need tie rod ends...but which ones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so had my truck aligned and was told the right inner and left outer tie rod ends need to be replaced. youtubed it and it seems simple enough. but whats a good brand? I want to keep it on the cheaper side of course but I also would rather spend 30$ over 20$ if the 20$ will wear out super fast. oreilly has master pro and autozone has valucraft for there low end ones. are either of those 2 fine or should I look elsewhere? also I know ill need to get it aligned again. good thing I have lifetime, unlimited alignments threw firestone. but any info helps and thank you in advance

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Master Pro stuff from O Reilly's is good stuff..... most of it is just relabeled stuff from a major name brand company. The garage I use to work at use the stuff all the time and we never had any problems with it.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
moog has never let me down.

my 2 cents...if your going to replace an inner on one side and an outer on the other, replace the inner and outers on both sides.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so had my truck aligned and was told the right inner and left outer tie rod ends need to be replaced. youtubed it and it seems simple enough. but whats a good brand? I want to keep it on the cheaper side of course but I also would rather spend 30$ over 20$ if the 20$ will wear out super fast. oreilly has master pro and autozone has valucraft for there low end ones. are either of those 2 fine or should I look elsewhere? also I know ill need to get it aligned again. good thing I have lifetime, unlimited alignments threw firestone. but any info helps and thank you in advance
How much do you trust this mechanic? Just curious because "u need tie rod ends" is a somewhat common scam at some shops to tell customers in for alignments I discovered. If you don't know this shop very well, DO get a second opinion from a guy you know well. I had a shop I normally don't deal with try to fleece me for $1000 in parts/labor for tie rod ends and it turned out they were flat out lying

OP
OP
jon0m0berry

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was planning on doing both inner and outer on both ends, but I took it to 2 different shops and I do trust both for the most part. also I got unlimited free alignments so them trying to rope me in is free on my part and if anything they lose time doing a free job.