Neutral 4x4 light blinking all the time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaleblee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So 4x4 went out and now the 4x4 neutral light blinks constantly, wether or not I’m in 2wd, and 4x4 high and low have both stoped working, any help? (Can’t find anything online)

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would recommend:
1) Swing by a parts store and have them read any codes (if any are present). Record them. Have them 'clear' the codes too. Maybe it was a fluke that won't return. Also have them load-test the battery ...just to be sure. A suspect batt or connections make these trucks act strange (really).

2) Double-check the harness connector (and wires) at the Xfer case. Look very carefully with a strong flashlight for corroded connections or bulging (corroded) wires nearby the connector. Esp being from wintery MI. If someone formerly pierced the wire jacket with a test light, it could corrode the wire at that point. Also look at the fuses in the fuse box.

3) Make sure your battery cable connections are clean and good. If you didn't get the codes cleared (above), Remove both connectors, clean ...and leave them disconnected for 15 min, or so, to clear the truck's codes. See if it returns.

4) If the light goes away for a while, cycle the 4x4 through it's various modes, if you can.

That's about all I can think of. While you're under there, check the fluid level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357