New audio for my 2017R/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ran 69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought my first Dodge product and it is a 2017 Ram 1500 Sport R/T rcsb and I would like to have better sound . It has the Alpine system with I guess 7 speakers. No sub. The speaker upgrade (kicker) the way to go or different ?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lots of options out there. What are you trying to achieve?

OP
OP
R

Ran 69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The system sounds good but it could be better and it could be a little louder. Not trying to blow the glass out of the doors just alittle loud. I don’t know if the upgrade offered by Mopar would improve sound or do I need to look at speakers and amp with lc7i or something close to it?

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you wanting more bass, like boom boom, or just more treble? Each of these things can be corrected for rather cheap. I added two 10 inch subs under my rear seat, with some door speakers for less than 700 installed, and it does rattle the glass. Though, I usually don't intend for that.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He has a regular cab with the Apline system.

There are lots of threads here where people just swapped the ******, cheap factory speakers for better ones and were very happy with the results. Pay attention to the model numbers they used as the factory Alpine amp is very sensitive to the speaker loads (ie. use 2ohm speakers).

You can also go aftermarket and make it sound amazing but you’re probably looking at a couple grand to do it right.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my first Dodge product and it is a 2017 Ram 1500 Sport R/T rcsb and I would like to have better sound . It has the Alpine system with I guess 7 speakers. No sub. The speaker upgrade (kicker) the way to go or different ?

I vote for a full custom install! ;)

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Forget budget and just go full tilt boogie custom SQ system lol. No on a serious note what are you wanting out of the system ?

Father Of Four

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree budget would be needed to give suggestions. Im not sure the Kicker upgrade will sound better than the factory alpine speakers. In order to run better speakers, you will have to run a more powerful amp. And that can get expensive.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Get the Factory Amp out of the equation !!! Don't make the same mistake I did, while a median upgrade with low ohm speakers is an improvement it will leave you wanting more.
Then you have to do it all over again, I would really look at what you want the end game to be and go with it.

You can get a PAC Amppro or Rockford DSR1 for $ 250.00 , once the factory amp is out of the picture life will be good again and you can do what ever you want to with no limitations

Tims RT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a rcsb R/T with the Alpine also, thanks to the suggestions of some of these guys, I decided to go with and just ordered the PAC Amppro 4, a 6 1/2 component speaker set, and bought an Alpine amp for my R/T. Everything should be here by this weekend, if you want I'll let you know how that sounds after I get it set up.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a rcsb R/T with the Alpine also, thanks to the suggestions of some of these guys, I decided to go with and just ordered the PAC Amppro 4, a 6 1/2 component speaker set, and bought an Alpine amp for my R/T. Everything should be here by this weekend, if you want I'll let you know how that sounds after I get it set up.

What kind of 6.5 components did you get?

Tims RT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't laugh to much, I'm going to try these from Sonic Electronix (Alpine Type-R SPR-60C) I figure if I don't like them I'll send them back and try the Infinity Ref or Kappa

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't laugh to much, I'm going to try these from Sonic Electronix (Alpine Type-R SPR-60C) I figure if I don't like them I'll send them back and try the Infinity Ref or Kappa

Those will probably sound good, but if you’re running them off the factory Alpine amp you may find that they don’t get as loud as you expect. These are 4 ohm where the factory speakers are 2 ohm.

Tims RT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm planning on running them off the Alpine KTP-445u it's 45x4 or 90 watts bridged I think

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That link is to the 5.25” component set.