New BFG All Terrain KO2 in Stock 20" Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Very exciting. They now have the stock 275/60R20 size BFG All Terrain in a updated version called KO2. I am excited about this as cost of these is a little less and for those not wanting to regear or mess with getting bigger tires can now enjoy this awesome tire too! 3.55 geared trucks will rejoice.
7HBQ9PG.jpg

$miley

12 Ram Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im actually looking forward to these more than i should for a tire lol. I had a set od the original ta kos on my old truck and they were great tires and from what i gathered on these they r basically the same tire with just a little more side wall protection

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice! I've been looking for a more aggressive tire for when my stock Sr-a's inevitably wear down soon. I have the 3.55s so this is great for me.

Anyone know if could we run 285s without rubbing?

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nice! I've been looking for a more aggressive tire for when my stock Sr-a's inevitably wear down soon. I have the 3.55s so this is great for me.

Anyone know if could we run 285s without rubbing?

Yea I run 285/65R20 now and they are good only rub is the little bubble that protects wire harness inside the driver side wheel well. No issues with it and I have had the tires on for about 62k. I would not so the 285's unless you are planning regear or unless you have A8 trans than should be okay.

$miley

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As of lately i have been seriously considering those KO's in the 285 for towing. But this is very attractive. A matter of fact, is this the first E load range tire in our stock size?

I think I might just go this route, despite wanting to get some bigger tires, this would be the best bet for my plans perhaps.

Picking tires has been the hardest decision.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree....I hate picking out new tires...gives me a headache :banghead: but these just might be the ticket...

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It is the only one I can think of load range E in this size. You can bump up to 275/65R20 and they are very common. This tire should be a cane changer with even better traction and longer life I mean really they already had amazing life.

$miley

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I get that they are an E load range tire, but good lord !.

even sticking with the stock size tire your still adding an additional 16-19lbs of weight per corner compared to the oem SR-A's, or HP's. I am not an engineer by any means, but I would have bought this tire if it was in the factory D load range ( assuming close to oem tire weight ). that is why I went with the terra grapplers. The only members I would see really getting use out of these tires are members who tow ALOT, and in bad weather regions.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

even sticking with the stock size tire your still adding an additional 16-19lbs of weight per corner compared to the oem SR-A's, or HP's. I am not an engineer by any means, but I would have bought this tire if it was in the factory D load range ( assuming close to oem tire weight ). that is why I went with the terra grapplers. The only members I would see really getting use out of these tires are members who tow ALOT, and in bad weather regions.

You'd be doing the same thing if you go up in tire size.

I still kick around 17 inch rims. Maybe if I can find someone selling Outdoorsman rims.

I want my cake and to it too. :roflsquared:

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Anyone can benefit from a mean looking tire that is less likely to get a puncture and also the wear is huge with costs of tires. I would expect a lot of sales on these. I wish they were raised white letter.

$miley

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
275/60 ~ 275/65 ~ 285 ... I just can't make up my mind. I do kind of want to be closer to 34 inches. I think 35 while looking badass wouldn't be wonderful on the wallet towing cross country. :banghead:

The Goopyears weight in at 40lbs unmounted. Every other tire on Tirerack seems to weight a little more. The Michelins which are highly rated, are 47lbs.

So you'd be adding weight no matter what. But you're getting way better sidewall construction.

That being said, I'm not sure how accurate Tirerack's weights are. The same tire in 275/65/20 is listed as weighting 57lbs opposed to 59lbs in the 275/60 size.

And if you went with 285's they weight 64lbs according to Tirerack.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Id rather watch my truck sit then throw another pair of BFG ATs on it. I could not stand the original ones on my Commander, absolutely terrible tire in my opinion. I know everyone has their choice but I really didnt have one good thing to say about these tires other than their looks. Its like having a hot GF who is terrible in bed, terrible to talk to and has the most annoying voice. I hope they made some improvements to these and you all have better experience than I have. Interested to hear from those who run em

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yea i mean i hope no one takes it personal, I just really dont like them.I really hope for everyones sake who is considering them they work out, they will just never see my money again! Maybe its just the set up I had on the Jeep that made them that way, but rotates and aligned religiously as Im OCD about that type of thing, still wore uneven, still made **** ton of noise and performed sub par in mud and snow. I got MTRs with Kevlar and they were amazing and even quieter, just relaly expensive

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a buddy that had real bad experience with BFG AT's on his truck, and I was there to witness the problems. Only set of BFG's I ever owned were the Mud terrains that came stock on my Rubicon. They were great.

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I love them I don't take it personal though just want people to experience what I have which has been a great product. They are sensitive to balancing and rotating. I rotate mine every 5-6k.

$miley