New Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys... We've all done it... that song comes on the radio, we crank it up to start jammin'. However, my speakers are 8 years old now, and I don't want to blow them out. Got any suggestions on (fairly cheap) but great swap outs for the door speakers (single cab ram) for my 2006? Also, is it fairly easy to do?

Thanks!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok the first time you take the door panels off you might have a bit of a problem. You myst take all the screws out first. Should be 5, 3 on the bottom, one behind the door lever, and then one up near the front pillar. The door lever must also come off. One screw holds it on so it is not too hard. The difficult part will be the window lever. I suggest getting a panel trim removal tool set and to have the proper tool to get the lever off.
Once the screws and levers are off the next thing to do is lift the door panel slightly upwards, about an inch or so. Then the bottom will swing out and then you can pull it off completely. Take your time with that. Now that gives you access to the speakers. Try to not cut the factory wires. Crutchfield and several other places ahs an adaptor that lets you just connect the new speaker to the factory wires. I do suggest going to crutchfield to check the sizes of your speakers and what will fit. I installed new speakers in my truck a bit ago and it was not that difficult after I realized how to get the door panels off. Now the rear speakers might be a pain to get too. You will have to remove the upper rear trim piece first, then the lower trim piece. It can be done with the tray still in the back but it is a pain in the tail. If you can remove the storage tray that would make life easier. The back speakers should be 5 1/4" ones. The front ones should be 6x8. With adaptors you can install 6" full range speakers in the front, and the same in the rear.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I have pioneers all the way around and I love them... the front 6x9 component speakers are incredible. They can take a beating and my amp isnt even cranked up they are loud and crisp. I cant remember prices or if cutting is involed because I had mine installed at a shop when I first got the truck and didnt really know as much about audio as I do now

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks all sounds simple enough. I'll give it a go soon for sure!

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Easy job. Look on Ebay. 6x9 in the front door and I think I put a 6 1/2 in the rear door. If you dont want to cut the wires you can buy the adaptors off Ebay also. If you dont mind cutting wires here you go.

05 Quad Cab
Left Front Door -------------------Right Front Door
(-)DG/LB -------------------------(-)GR/LB
(+)DG/YL-------------------------(+)GY/YL

Left Rear Door--------------------Right Rear Door
(-)GY/DG-------------------------(-)DG/GY
(+)GY/LG-------------------------(+)DG/LG

06 Quad Cab Thanks to Nim
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Red
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Red

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Light Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Orange

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Yellow
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Light Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Yellow
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Light Blue

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Light Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Dark Green
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Light Green
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Gray

Did my whole truck in about 45 minutes.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am a fan of Alpine Type S (Components in the front, coaxials rear).
They sound great on low power, and don't have the harsh highs of a metal tweeter.

If you have the infinity stereo, don't bother with the crossovers, just wire up the speakers as the factory ones were.