New Engine Throttle issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joewrench508

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
recently replaced my 5.7 Hemi with remanufactured Jasper. truck had been sitting for almost 2 years before the swap was done. once everything was back together, truck starts but the "service throttle" message pops up and as expected truck is in limp mode. tried to relearn the throttle but doesn't appear to solve problem. might there be another sensor that would cause the throttle to read an error? would a throttle clean help? as a last ditch I ordered a new Throttle housing from BBK. asking the masses just in case I'm wasting my money; no issue when the truck was taken off the road (MDS/lifter issues) and triple checked all my connections are connected.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
recently replaced my 5.7 Hemi with remanufactured Jasper. truck had been sitting for almost 2 years before the swap was done. once everything was back together, truck starts but the "service throttle" message pops up and as expected truck is in limp mode. tried to relearn the throttle but doesn't appear to solve problem. might there be another sensor that would cause the throttle to read an error? would a throttle clean help? as a last ditch I ordered a new Throttle housing from BBK. asking the masses just in case I'm wasting my money; no issue when the truck was taken off the road (MDS/lifter issues) and triple checked all my connections are connected.
You're wasting your money on that piece of $h!t throttle body.BBK has a terrible rep with their TB's,if you want to change TB's buy an OEM,they aren't all that expensive. Doubt that's your issue though,check the TB connector over close for bent pins / corrosion etc.