New Software Comments, Suggestions & Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Why do I now have to login every time I visit the forum, even though I’ve clicked on Stay Logged In? Extremely annoying. Also, I ONLY use my iPhone for this forum and navigation now seems more convoluted and irksome. Thanks.

I never have to so this might be a cookie thing for you on your browser?

What don't you like about the layout on your iPhone?

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I never have to so this might be a cookie thing for you on your browser?

What don't you like about the layout on your iPhone?
Yes, could be a cookie thing. As for layout, I’ll hold on any specific criticism until after I’ve been overlanding with it a bit more . I’ll wager that it’s just a matter of getting used to it. I’m sure that you know that, after a certain age, change is difficult to deal with. Thanks for all your efforts, regardless.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Yes, could be a cookie thing. As for layout, I’ll hold on any specific criticism until after I’ve been overlanding with it a bit more . I’ll wager that it’s just a matter of getting used to it. I’m sure that you know that, after a certain age, change is difficult to deal with. Thanks for all your efforts, regardless.

You aren't the first or the last to hate the new layout and then after a week or more, end up liking it. Let me know how you feel in a week.

I remember when I this for was running vBulletin 3.8 and Xenforo came out. I hated the look and feel of Xenforo and said I would never update to it. Well, the vBulletin company itself went to crap and the XF guys were doing quite well. I still hated the look and feel, but had to make the move. Took me a few weeks to really like it. So I know how you are feeling and hope get to looking the new update.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Not liking the latest upgrade.

Issues so far:
Tremendous amount of wasted space in the layout. I can only see about 2/3 of the amount of info at once that I could before. (PC, Firefox)
Logons aren't sticking.
Watched Threads is displaying ALL watched threads, not just the ones with new posts.
Automatic summary emails turned themselves back on.

-K

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I only use my phone for all my online stuff, including to access this site, so maybe a PC would be better but don't have one. Some of the font and other items are too small, and the site is just busy looking. Plus, the orange is just over-bearing. Not something that will take me time to get used to, I know what I like as soon as I see it. I am sure a lot of effort went into it, but it wasn't broke before.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
is there any way to change the amount of posts you see per page? before the update i know you could but i can not find the option anywhere and i am not a fan of 10 posts per page. i personally like about 20 per page since that is how i got it set on most other forums

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having an issue logging into Tapatalk. Telling me error74EE16FD-2AB5-438D-A486-96574B250882.png. Any ideas?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang. Ok. Thanks. I’ll just have to figure out the new version online on mobile

Last edited:

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If you have a question, comment or concern regarding the recent forum software upgrade to Xenforo, post it up here.
While nice, it moves way slow. Page loading has a lot lag. Before SW change, switching between forums and within a forum pages was fast. I thought is my ISP at first, but not it, nothing wrong with PC either. Not sure if running on Edge is causing the lag. Haven't tried Chrome yet.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe not related to the new version (not sure), I haven't had a need to update my own posts until now. I keep a build thread which has info to be updated from time to time in the first post. I just tried to update this and there's no Edit link. Could we be allowed to edit our own posts? This would be really helpful for a thread this like. Otherwise it's locked at a point in time and no longer relevant. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
While nice, it moves way slow. Page loading has a lot lag. Before SW change, switching between forums and within a forum pages was fast. I thought is my ISP at first, but not it, nothing wrong with PC either. Not sure if running on Edge is causing the lag. Haven't tried Chrome yet.

No ... I have tried on all browsers and the load times are just very slow ...I actually got timed out earlier yesterday

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Maybe not related to the new version (not sure), I haven't had a need to update my own posts until now. I keep a build thread which has info to be updated from time to time in the first post. I just tried to update this and there's no Edit link. Could we be allowed to edit our own posts? This would be really helpful for a thread this like. Otherwise it's locked at a point in time and no longer relevant. Thanks in advance.
That functionality has been broken for quite a while. Posts are only editable for the first few days (I can't recall the exact number). It plays havoc with many of the DIY posts.

-K

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That functionality has been broken for quite a while. Posts are only editable for the first few days (I can't recall the exact number). It plays havoc with many of the DIY posts.

-K
Forum Admins-
Is there anything you can do to allow members to edit their own posts (without expirations)?
Is it related to something like this:

XenForo First Post Edit Time Limit

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Page loading and response seems like it is getting worse by the day now? This forum has always been one of the slowest I visit (by a long shot) but it is almost impossible to use now.
As I am typing this it keeps pausing and I have to wait for it to catch up. And there is a big delay loading pages.
I'm on a dozen other forums and this is the only one acting like this across multiple computers.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Page loading and response seems like it is getting worse by the day now? This forum has always been one of the slowest I visit (by a long shot) but it is almost impossible to use now.
As I am typing this it keeps pausing and I have to wait for it to catch up. And there is a big delay loading pages.
I'm on a dozen other forums and this is the only one acting like this across multiple computers.

The site does seem extremly slow today...

-K

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Been trying to give new format a chance, but not growing on me at all. Things are tiny on phone including response block that sometimes gets lost in the page and I have to flick screen up and down. Like right now I cannot see what I am typing. And slow loading, I more often than not go somewhere else or just shut off phone. Sorry to drop this on all who worked hard to try and make it better, but it isn't and while I will keep account, I just won't be reading or responding too much.

Amos

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish I could view The Lounge. It’s gone on mine.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If it ain't broke, make sure you break it! This site has become intolerable with the delays and overall lumbering through it. Quickly becoming not worth it.

RamItGood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello I’m trying to view this forum on Tapatalk app for iOS, and after the recent update I can no longer get on forum.
I talked to app creator and they said the forum owner has not updated Tapatalk plugin, it’s outdated. I’ll attached a pic of the error message I get when trying to view ram forum from app.
C2409064-A141-4384-BE59-3B7410E6477D.png