uconnect software update solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Blaze

Reaction score
Hello all for those of you still trying to update Uconnect software unsuccessfully after many many failed attempts I finally was able to install my software this morning I've been spinning my wheels for months trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and why I was having so many issues on my 17 Bighorn I really did not want to bring my truck to the dealer for what seemed to be an easy install.

For those still having issues installing this Software I wanted to share my experience and how i was finally able to install this software after many months of trying

I used a 16 GB zip drive a sandisk one i think you can use any with the very least 4GB I went through so many different ones thinking it was the drive itself which was giving me issues it turned out that was not the case

1) the drive must be formatted to FAT32 with nothing on it I could have not had it formatted properly in the past but I still ran into problems with it being formatted in FAT32 what next?

2) after downloading the software onto my computer I may have not done this in the past but the last few times I did you need to extract the files from the zipped folder and load the unzipped file onto your zip drive.

I followed step one and two and I was still having issues what gives

3) this wound up being the final solution which I kind of just threw it against the wall hoping this worked and this happened to be the solution

after downloading the file to my drive i pulled it back out and loaded it back onto my desktop erased the file from my drive then opened that folder where the software was downloaded and moved each file (5) of them over individually onto the drive rather than the whole file.

Bingo this worked I finally got my software loaded without having to go to the dealer!

most of you probably know the proper procedure along with the required steps but those of you who donot i just wanted to share with you.

1) fresh zip drive I suggest 8GB or higher formatted to fat32

2) download software from uconnect to computer

3) unzip/extract files from download

4) open folder and move each individual file over to the zip drive

5) put in the usb slot for your truck and you are good to go

I hope this helps some of you who are still struggling with this update and spinning your wheels like I was for awhile

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's probable that my 2014 has already seen it's last update as it keeps showing the one I have is the current one.

Thanks for posting this, I can imagine the headache. My dealer has always done any required updates when it was in for other service so I've never had this aggravation.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just did this to my '16 the other day. Didn't have this issue, used the same 4gb thumb drive I used to update my '12 Charger.

OP
OP
J

Johnny Blaze

Reaction score
yeah I think the issue I was having all along was I was not pulling each individual File and loading them onto the drive I was loading the whole folder onto the drive and the trucks usb port was not able to read and decipher the separate files in the folder.after pulling each file and loading them separate versus the whole folder it took right away.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all for those of you still trying to update Uconnect software unsuccessfully after many many failed attempts I finally was able to install my software this morning I've been spinning my wheels for months trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and why I was having so many issues on my 17 Bighorn I really did not want to bring my truck to the dealer for what seemed to be an easy install.

For those still having issues installing this Software I wanted to share my experience and how i was finally able to install this software after many months of trying

I used a 16 GB zip drive a sandisk one i think you can use any with the very least 4GB I went through so many different ones thinking it was the drive itself which was giving me issues it turned out that was not the case

1) the drive must be formatted to FAT32 with nothing on it I could have not had it formatted properly in the past but I still ran into problems with it being formatted in FAT32 what next?

2) after downloading the software onto my computer I may have not done this in the past but the last few times I did you need to extract the files from the zipped folder and load the unzipped file onto your zip drive.

I followed step one and two and I was still having issues what gives

3) this wound up being the final solution which I kind of just threw it against the wall hoping this worked and this happened to be the solution

after downloading the file to my drive i pulled it back out and loaded it back onto my desktop erased the file from my drive then opened that folder where the software was downloaded and moved each file (5) of them over individually onto the drive rather than the whole file.

Bingo this worked I finally got my software loaded without having to go to the dealer!

most of you probably know the proper procedure along with the required steps but those of you who donot i just wanted to share with you.

1) fresh zip drive I suggest 8GB or higher formatted to fat32

2) download software from uconnect to computer

3) unzip/extract files from download

4) open folder and move each individual file over to the zip drive

5) put in the usb slot for your truck and you are good to go

I hope this helps some of you who are still struggling with this update and spinning your wheels like I was for awhile
I actually had a similar problem like this too several weeks ago with my 2018 ram 1500 limited to where it kept trying to download an update that was being sent to it over the air and each time when I tried, it would come back as an error 20 saying the update couldn’t be installed and then I’d have to go to the dealership to have it updated there.

After making a call to Uconnect about it, they said they were having issues with their system either with that update or pushing it to the vehicles over the air and said that until they got that worked out, this is what people were gonna have to do to apply the new update. Well, for me to do it at the dealership, it was gonna cost me about 200 bucks and after finding out that my Mopar lifetime warranty wasn’t gonna pay for it because, and this is no joke, because I no longer have the original factory radio in my truck due to the fact that several years ago I had to have my radio replaced under warranty because of that screen delete lamination stuff and anyways, my warranty wasn’t gonna pay for that so after making a quick call to ram cares, they actually got with my dealership and ended up covering the cost to get my truck updated.

Bourgeois

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i purchased the updates from Here, got Error Code 20, was told failed firmware and entire radio needs replacing.this is a known issue by uconnect & is free of charge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517