New front upper control arms from Camburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice. Looks like the correction is for 1-3”.

Any idea how many choices of non-corrected UCA there are? Just Mevotech ??

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fabtech have a tubular uniball that is non corrected for you guys with the 4-6" lifts that need factory UCA's. Fabtech FTS23039. Verified with Fabtech.
I believe CST CSS-D2-5 is also non-corrected but i wasn't able to verify with them so i'm not sure about it. this one is also uniball and tubular, but double check with them to make sure is non-corrected.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm actually looking to replace my rough country uca's that I bought on a budget a while back. These look pretty nice.

These look really heavy duty.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I saw these not to long ago on IG. Exciting. Makes me wonder what camburg has on the R&D table for Ram owners. I would love a full suspension kit on my 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Holy shyte they love those arms

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm actually looking to replace my rough country uca's that I bought on a budget a while back. These look pretty nice.

These look really heavy duty.

There are a few options you could go with depending on your setup. If you are looking for a quality UCA at a lower cost then there is Zone which is the most popular, Freedom Off road, and then there is the top dollar ones for higher end setups like these or the ICON delta Joints.

Let me know if we can help set you up. Message me for info or a quote

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I ran Camburgs on my Gen1 Tundra. They were 1" uniballs and squeaked from the day I installed them. I replaced with stainless FK uniballs (I think Camburg was using chrome plated at the time) and the squeaking stopped for a while. The bushings squeaked as well... I wrote it off for the price I paid to maximize the offroad performance of my truck.

The uniballs were exposed and allowed dirt and sand to wear at the lining and the uniballs themselves to the point where my mechanic said there was some play that prevented proper wheel alignment. These Ram UCAs use a larger uniball - if they come with a cap, it may help prevent premature wear significantly. Just remember to clean the underside of the ball cup and use some sort of dry lube on them (don't use wd40 or similar).

This is what I used:
https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/tri-flow-heim-uniball-lube/

Camburg makes great products - but like all mods, be aware of the potential downsides to them... In this case, there is a possibility of the squeaks and the introduction of a wear items (uniballs and bushings) that will need periodic attention.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran Camburgs on my Gen1 Tundra. They were 1" uniballs and squeaked from the day I installed them. I replaced with stainless FK uniballs (I think Camburg was using chrome plated at the time) and the squeaking stopped for a while. The bushings squeaked as well... I wrote it off for the price I paid to maximize the offroad performance of my truck.

The uniballs were exposed and allowed dirt and sand to wear at the lining and the uniballs themselves to the point where my mechanic said there was some play that prevented proper wheel alignment. These Ram UCAs use a larger uniball - if they come with a cap, it may help prevent premature wear significantly. Just remember to clean the underside of the ball cup and use some sort of dry lube on them (don't use wd40 or similar).

This is what I used:
https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/tri-flow-heim-uniball-lube/

Camburg makes great products - but like all mods, be aware of the potential downsides to them... In this case, there is a possibility of the squeaks and the introduction of a wear items (uniballs and bushings) that will need periodic attention.

100% right on. Uniballs are not for everybody. Spherical bearings can be noisy and they require frequent lubing. The caps will protect the uniball from the top but all the grime can still get in there from below. I did the same with that lube. The bearings should be changed every 20-40k miles ($114 for the pair) depending on how much abuse they see, some people may be able to get more if it's street only application and not salt belt conditions etc. you'll find sperifical bearings in race applications so they will wishtand lots of abuse.