New Member 2018 Ram Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AU_xpress

AU_xpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking rig. I haven’t installed my Bilsteins yet. What’s your opinion of them so far? I was thinking of going 2.1. Did you get a realignment?

Thanks!

Bilstein's are the way to go. The ride is great! I had this same setup on my 4runner for 7 years and they performed flawlessly on and offroad.

Yes, I immediately had the alignment done.

Honestly, I would set them at the highest setting (2.8). Because you are replacing the rear shock you might as well throw in a small spacer in the rear. I did the 1.5" spacer and the back is right at a 1.25" higher. I say this only because most people say they wish they had gone higher. I was considering the 2.1 before, but went for it because I went for it on my 4runner and was glad I did.

But, If you are sure you want to stick with the 2.1 then go with it! Either way the bilstein's are the way to go.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum and nice job so far on the Truck, any future plans, most times you start nice and easy and then your passion gets sucked up like a tornado and **** gets wild. Keep in mind what you bought it for and build to suit not to impress although a lot of times it turns out to be both.

OP
OP
AU_xpress

AU_xpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum and nice job so far on the Truck, any future plans, most times you start nice and easy and then your passion gets sucked up like a tornado and **** gets wild. Keep in mind what you bought it for and build to suit not to impress although a lot of times it turns out to be both.

Thanks!

Not really any future plans... May do a little more cosmetic details. Thinking of adding the painted OEM fender flares that come stock on the Laramies. Also, painted mirror covers and update taillights to LED's.

I like simple clean trucks. I need the truck to function like it's suppose too. Honestly, I prefer 18" wheels over 20" wheels. I liked the Express because it is simple. I didn't want the fancy interior that comes with the higher end models, that's just more electronics to go bad... That's just me though.

My mod bug usually sticks to my cars or bikes...

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Does your small antenna pick up satellite music, news etc... I heard local stations no problem. But if you have XM radio or anything that involves satellites to pick up stations all over the country, those don’t work well. Let me know. Wanted to do the same thing but other truck drivers said don’t. I have a 2019 1500 Classic. Thanks

djnelson5460

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How well does the shorty antennae get reception? Does it still read the outside temp as well, Ive thought about it but dont want to lose tge temp reading and hear static

OP
OP
AU_xpress

AU_xpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shorty antenna works great! I haven't had any issues with reception. I do use XM radio, so I can't help you there. I have had zero issues with outside temp readings. Honestly, I cannot tell much of a difference. Although, I mostly use Spotify...

I ordered it from The Antenna Source. It is a higher quality piece than one you would by off of Amazon.

https://www.theantennasource.com/DODGE/RAM PICKUP/2009-2019 Ram 1500.html#1C

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Looks great! Welcome and congrats