New member Stanwood WA, first post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGMAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy all,

I just registered for the forum having purchased an '01 Ram 5.9 4WD std cab 8' bed. This post is a starter to find the most appropriate sub-forum to go to.The truck was sold originally to the Snohomish County Parks Dept. It has about 126K miles on it, runs well and has a Warn winch on it probably installed when purchased. It's near perfect for my needs which is hauling fairly heavy loads of dirt, compost, gravel, and occasional trailer hauling.

The problem I have with it is that the A/C, heater and defroster are completely useless. I can live without A/C but I can't live without heat/defroster. It's looking like I will have to pull the entire dash away from the chassis and then remove the rather large heater box.

I've watched a number of video's on YT, some of which are pretty helpful but I'd really like to hear from someone on this forum that's been down this road that can give me some information along the way.

First off which of the sub-forum on here would be the best to go to?

Many thanks, Dave

Longhorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Longhorn
Engine
Cummins SO
Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian (Kingston). I cannot help you, but someone will, great Forum!

FF376

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome! The 2nd gen forum is the right spot. Not as active as the "newer" ones as these rigs are getting on in years.
When you say useless what do you mean? What exactly is not working?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Ram Forum, there is a Lady on here that has completely rebuilt her dashboard I'll look up her name a give it to you!@DodgeLady is here name, if you do a search in the upper right corner and type in Dash Rebuild it will get you in the ballpark.

HawkSERE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy all,

I just registered for the forum having purchased an '01 Ram 5.9 4WD std cab 8' bed. This post is a starter to find the most appropriate sub-forum to go to.The truck was sold originally to the Snohomish County Parks Dept. It has about 126K miles on it, runs well and has a Warn winch on it probably installed when purchased. It's near perfect for my needs which is hauling fairly heavy loads of dirt, compost, gravel, and occasional trailer hauling.

The problem I have with it is that the A/C, heater and defroster are completely useless. I can live without A/C but I can't live without heat/defroster. It's looking like I will have to pull the entire dash away from the chassis and then remove the rather large heater box.

I've watched a number of video's on YT, some of which are pretty helpful but I'd really like to hear from someone on this forum that's been down this road that can give me some information along the way.

First off which of the sub-forum on here would be the best to go to?

Many thanks, Dave
Welcome Dave. Sorry I'm no help; not a mechanic, but this forum is a good resource with good group of guys that can
help.

Peep6543

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome aboard! You might recognize me as a follower Washingtonian with the "about to buy my first pickup" thread. I am down in Auburn.

Regarding the air movement, I would suggest the simple fixes first. Without insulting your intelligence, have a look at all the fuses. Also the multifunction AC switch control unit is a highly sold piece on eBay. That leads me to believe it goes often. I believe you can check voltage at the AC compressor also. Hoping it's not a failed heater box as the dash really is a bear.