Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotEnufgarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
New member from Huntsville Alabama. I just got a 2010 Ram 1500 ST Crew Cab RWD 5’ Bed with the 5.7L Hemi, 545RFE and 3.21:1 rear end with 296500 miles on it. So far I’ve replaced the front brakes, shocks (Bilstein 5100s), chrome bumper (added fog lights), light switch (for fog lights), headlights with quad bulbs, added a 2” front leveling spacer, changed the coolant, oil, filter and swapped the 17” chrome steel wheels for 20” chrome clad aluminum and Firestone Destination LE 275/60R20 tires. The Hemi runs great and I’ll keep an eye on oil consumption But the old guy I bought it from only used it for his daily 80 mile round trip highway commute, which accounts for most of the 296000 miles.

My plans are to replace the rear bumper with one with cutouts for dual exhaust, rear Bilstein 5100s, dual cat back, and swap the rear axle to a 3.92:1 unit to give me the 10,200 lb towing capacity instead of the 5700 lb I have now with the 3.21 axle it came with. That’ll let me sell my ‘93 First Gen Club Cab RWD Cummins truck which I only use to tow my 24’ enclosed car hauler.

I really like the quiet and comfort of the 4th Gen compared to my 1st Gen.

I also picked up a MyGig RER on eBay and it plugged right in. I used AlfaOBD to enable RKE with two fobs I got off eBay for $20. I’ll be adding an overhead console as soon as the bracket gets here, mostly for the Homelink, which I have in my ‘06 PT Cruiser GT Convertible and my ’07 Charger R/T Daytona.

Any suggestions for other options I should add? I’m thinking Remote Start would be nice and maybe a rear power sliding window, since I already have the switch in my overhead console. I have a spare hemi and 8HP70 with 35000 miles on them that I bought for a project that I’ll keep for this, should it need a new motor. IMG_1505.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat