New owner, curious about options...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
So I’ve been a ram owner for a month now and I think I really did well. I plugged in every option I thought I wanted and price in CarGurus and found this baby! I’ve looked around for different builds and I think I have almost every option one could get. It’s a 2014 ram sport crew cab. So far the only things I don’t seem to have is rain sensing wipers, push button start and towing mirrors. I love all the tech and comfort, I traded in a Lexus and am very happy with the trade. Anyway, my point is, if anyone has a good understanding of ram options, I’d like to know what I’m missing, just curious. Thanks!!

ACB13F0F-6341-4327-84F1-5C953D0FA4B1.jpeg

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the site. There are a ton of options, some aren't factory but you can add them yourself. Check out the mods under $100 thread for a start. Many guys added a DeeZee tailgate assist. That's only about $30. I love that. As for the rest of the mods, the only limit is your wallet.

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You can generate a window sticker that shows what options your truck was built with using the URL below:

www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Copy the URL into a new browser tab, then add your VIN to the line after the equals sign (with no spaces) and press enter. It should download a PDF of the original RAM window sticker. Keep in mind that some of the older VINs may not be in the system anymore.

Oh and welcome to the forum! Check out the AlfaOBD thread for a great read on how to add or change features in the PCM. Its well worth the cost of the software and OBDII dongle.

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After generating the window sticker ^^ you could post the results from that here and maybe some of us will be inclined to comment on the good and bad of it.

Being a 2014 with 5.7 there were three possible differential ratios with two being much more likely as most people opted for the 8 speed transmission. And of course two different transmission options. And if yours is 4wd there were two different transfer case options.

OP
OP
Villalobos

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
It doesn’t say on the sticker, but sure I have 3:21

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man you weren't kidding looks like they ticked all the boxes except I don't see anti-spin differential on there and the 3.21's are surely tuned for cruising on the highway with stock sized tires vs. going to larger off-road tires. If you didn't buy it to take into the dirt then you got everything you need!

MSgtZ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow! That sticker for you truck is $10 more than what mine sticker for in 2014. Hard for me to pay that for a 2500 let alone a 1500, but as we brought our trucks used this summer we both beat the big deprecation new vehicles see. These trucks are nicely equipped and very comfortable (within reason for the load hauling/towing capabilities). For me this 14 is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. I do have the push button (remote start) and of course the towing mirrors. I don't think you could have gotten much more unless you went with a Longhorn or Limited trim package. (Mine is the Laramie package before I forget) I hope your enjoying your truck as much as I have been enjoying mine.

OP
OP
Villalobos

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Wow! That sticker for you truck is $10 more than what mine sticker for in 2014. Hard for me to pay that for a 2500 let alone a 1500, but as we brought our trucks used this summer we both beat the big deprecation new vehicles see. These trucks are nicely equipped and very comfortable (within reason for the load hauling/towing capabilities). For me this 14 is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. I do have the push button (remote start) and of course the towing mirrors. I don't think you could have gotten much more unless you went with a Longhorn or Limited trim package. (Mine is the Laramie package before I forget) I hope your enjoying your truck as much as I have been enjoying mine.

I agree. Does your Laramie have the factory air suspension? I love this truck! I don’t plan on any off road or outrageous towing. She’s my daily driver, snow vehicle, and to tow our camper. So this truck is perfect for me. The ride quality and luxury options rival, the Lexus I traded in and the Lincoln MKX we own.
Definitely love saving on depreciation, usually buy my cars 3-5 years old. My Ram was purchased with 67000 miles and 1 owner. I also purchased an aftermarket warranty, the things that aren’t covered I can fix. I do my own maintenance. I’m not trying to add anything to the truck as I am very happy with the options, just curious as to what options the original owner left off. Thanks for the welcome guys. So far I think these options were left off: asd, rain sensing wipers, ram boxes, push button start, and towing mirrors.

Last edited:

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Don’t see parksense

OP
OP
Villalobos

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Good call! It does not have the sensors for parksense.

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’d say the 3.92 is really the only noteworthy thing missing considering it’s a 1500. I’m sure you get a little bit better mileage with the 3.21 though, especially with that 8 speed.

The factory skid plates usually don’t come on the sports. Even if you aren’t doing any heavy off roading it’s still good piece of mind.

Last edited:

MSgtZ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I agree. Does your Laramie have the factory air suspension? I love this truck! I don’t plan on any off road or outrageous towing. She’s my daily driver, snow vehicle, and to tow our camper. So this truck is perfect for me. The ride quality and luxury options rival, the Lexus I traded in and the Lincoln MKX we own.
Definitely love saving on depreciation, usually buy my cars 3-5 years old. My Ram was purchased with 67000 miles and 1 owner. I also purchased an aftermarket warranty, the things that aren’t covered I can fix. I do my own maintenance. I’m not trying to add anything to the truck as I am very happy with the options, just curious as to what options the original owner left off. Thanks for the welcome guys. So far I think these options were left off: asd, rain sensing wipers, ram boxes, push button start, and towing mirrors.

Mine does not have the air suspension, but the previous owner did pop for 4.10 gears, 20" tires/rims, the bigger Hemi (6.4L), anti spin differential, the nav radio, keyless enter n go, and remote start. I have never been a leather seat fan (black truck, black leather seats and living in Texas) but these seats with venting are a god send here and I love them. Like you I do as much to my truck for maintenance/repairs as I can unless I am too busy (sometimes too lazy). This truck will at least not rot out from underneath me now that I am living back in Texas again.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our '16 T&C has the rain sensing wipers and push button start, really not impressed with them. My Ram has the towing package, but I really don't care for the others.