New Ram today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyBop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need some feedback from the pros here. I am buying a 2015 sport short bed crew cab 6 speaker with the better hd radio with nav 8.4, 3.92 rear anti spin axel, remote start, convience group, everything except premium sound and back up sensors.
MSRP is $45,771 with everything out the door the price is $40,950. I have been looking for about 4 weeks now, and this is the lowest out the door price with these specific options, what do you think?
Thanks in advance

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
your location is a huge factor.

from what I have seen, that price OTD doesn't seem outrageous to me but I'm in Canada.

check different dealerships in the area and see what price range they're going for - although looks like you have shopped around quite a bit.

sometimes people here will give you unbelievable prices so don't take everything at face value.

OP
OP
TonyBop

TonyBop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thank you HemiRoar, I live in the Phoenix area. I didn't think it was a bad deal, I just need some reassurance. Thanks again for the fast reply.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
That doesn't seem bad for all the options your getting. Is it 4x4?

OP
OP
TonyBop

TonyBop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, no 4 x 4 here in sunny Arizona, but the dealer did throw in bedliner, tint, and a couple of more goodies.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dealers near me are selling '15 sports for 10.5k off of MSRP and that for a 4x4 before any addons or ttl

rcazwillis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid $40k & change for a loaded 4x4 laramie in Fort Worth, Tx right before Christmas.

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I need some feedback from the pros here. I am buying a 2015 sport short bed crew cab 6 speaker with the better hd radio with nav 8.4, 3.92 rear anti spin axel, remote start, convience group, everything except premium sound and back up sensors.
MSRP is $45,771 with everything out the door the price is $40,950. I have been looking for about 4 weeks now, and this is the lowest out the door price with these specific options, what do you think?
Thanks in advance

OTD prices are almost impossible to compare since the costs rolled into that vary so much. State, tags, tax rate, trade, rebates, etc. all change it. What are you paying for the truck that MSRPs for $45,771 before all that? A good deal for a 2015 is typically near invoice (plus or minus $500). Better deals are possible, but there's usually extra circumstances (supplier discount, family discount, etc.)

The insanely low prices you see on the internet and in this forum usually have caveats attached - like the deal above. $1000 trade-in bonus with restrictions, $1000 lease conquest included, etc.

OP
OP
TonyBop

TonyBop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the input, I don't remember invoice price, but if i'm not mistaken I am under invoice. Picked up the truck yesterday, a pure dream to drive. Installed Ebay $149 polished stainless steel running boards with welded end caps & DeeZee tail gate shock today. The truck is shaping up nicely. Thanks again,
Tony

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the purchase, Post some pics.

It seems like a good price, I went on a cold,rainy and foggy day about 2 hours before they closed. Picked the truck I wanted off the lot, that I had been looking at for some time. Got them over 10k off, but Ram had some specials going on as well. It all depends and varies all the time.

Congrats again!

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The simplest benchmark for comparison is % off of MSRP. Bought my 2014 3 weeks ago....18% off MSRP.

lippylu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up my fully loaded 2015 Sport Crew 4x4 for 42k. MSRP was 52k. Location does play a lot into MSRP with destination charges and such. I live in Alaska so everything here is expensive but they don't have property tax with vehicles, which is a huge plus.

OP
OP
TonyBop

TonyBop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GREAT DEAL Lippy, that $42,000, was that out the door with all taxes, title, options, destination, registration? You 100% need the 4x4 in Alaska. For me in Arizona all I needed was the 4x2. Love that black color.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
GREAT DEAL Lippy, that $42,000, was that out the door with all taxes, title, options, destination, registration? You 100% need the 4x4 in Alaska. For me in Arizona all I needed was the 4x2. Love that black color.

Glad you like the truck Tony, as stated above, you did well on the price.

Congrats, post some pics when you can.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Damn , they do have some kick ass prices. I have to show this 1 ton to my dealer. Im sure they can get close. This is the exact same truck I am thinking of minus the navigation and the 4.10 upgrade which i would pull the cash out of my pocket for easily. Of course they will most likely have to build anything with the 4.10 cause u rarely find them on lots. I also see some insane prices in Texas. Im in NY unfortunately. I have been considering traveling though. But, if Im going to spend over $1k or almost $2k in gas.....

http://www.jeffbelzer.com/New-2015-RAM-3500-SLT-Minneapolis-MN/vd/23919879

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would qualify for that trade deal though but, it also says you have to finance with this joe and bob so.....

So what about building. You cant see an invoice if youre building cause they havent got the truck yet, right? Or is there a way? I used truecar last time I bought. Sorry about hijacking, but i only do it if I think its relevant to the thread

OTD prices are almost impossible to compare since the costs rolled into that vary so much. State, tags, tax rate, trade, rebates, etc. all change it. What are you paying for the truck that MSRPs for $45,771 before all that? A good deal for a 2015 is typically near invoice (plus or minus $500). Better deals are possible, but there's usually extra circumstances (supplier discount, family discount, etc.)

The insanely low prices you see on the internet and in this forum usually have caveats attached - like the deal above. $1000 trade-in bonus with restrictions, $1000 lease conquest included, etc.

Burntfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best way to shop for new vehicles these days is send a mass e-mail to your local(ish) dealers and tell them you want best possible price for the vehicle of your liking. Tell them you won't take phone calls.. only e-mails.. works like a charm every time.