New Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blbjs2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I saw this question on another forum. What is your opinions of the new grille and tailgate on the Laramie's. I personally don't mind the grille but don't care for the tailgate badging. I had to order the 2017 because the color that I wanted was not available with the options I wanted. I even asked the gentleman that ordered it for me and he said that I cannot delete the badging on the tailgate. He said that this is the direction corporate wants to go. Sucks but I want my Power Wagon. Just seems like 8-12 weeks is like an eternity. It will be well worth the wait.

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Isn't the tailgate badging just put on with adhesive? If so, a little heat and some fishing line, or a little wd40 should take care of it.

2016 Ram 3500 CTD 4x4 Crew Cab SB SRW Delmonico Red Pearl Coat.
2000 Dodge Durango 5.9L (Kept at our place in Mexico)
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 2wd Quad Cab SB SRW Silver (Sold)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Unless it is embossed I don't know why you can't pull the emblem off the tailgate.

OP
OP
Blbjs2

Blbjs2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
They say that they have some dowel guides which leaves 6 holes in the tailgate. My question with that would be I ordered a silver PW, so I thought I might take the letters off spray them the same color as the body and re install them. Just not sure how this would come out. And maybe when it arrives the chrome won't stand out that much on the silver body color.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They say that they have some dowel guides which leaves 6 holes in the tailgate. My question with that would be I ordered a silver PW, so I thought I might take the letters off spray them the same color as the body and re install them. Just not sure how this would come out. And maybe when it arrives the chrome won't stand out that much on the silver body color.
If you ordered a 2017 Power Wagon all the badges are black, there is no chrome on a PW.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRP
OP
OP
Blbjs2

Blbjs2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
On the Laramie package they are chrome unfortunately.