New truck, have some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
And that is why I haven't touched mine :p My steering shaft is stock though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ooo those look great! Comin along very nicely man!

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man I love how your truck looks with the 40's tho lol but still looks awesome. What rims do you have ?

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Lol, I know it looked cool with the 40s, but test 1/2 ton axles will like the 35s better

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah that's understandable, I'd do the same haha

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Took the front body lift off today. forgot to set my parking brake and when I removed the shift rod I had a pucker moment..........lol. But it's all lowered now in front.

Looks funny with the box still lifted and the cab down. I'll hopefully get to the box sometime this weekend or next week.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Hey guys, long time no see! Well, I've taken off they body lift on the truck, the bed was a PITA, since they decided to weld a rear bumper in..... urrgh. I cut that off, bought a replacement for 100 bucks on amazon. The truck is finally at a great ride height!

I had purchased a whole steering upgrade kit from DOR, and it will be the last time I ever deal with them. Got the run around for over a month about how he was waiting for boxes and pieces to put together my brace......once I got to a month and a half I told him to cancel the order. Didn't get any updates on the order unless I asked, just horrible customer service.

So now, I'm looking to get a red head box and see if that helps the steering. It is 75% better with new components and an alignment, but I'm hoping a new box will really stiffen it up.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, long time no see! Well, I've taken off they body lift on the truck, the bed was a PITA, since they decided to weld a rear bumper in..... urrgh. I cut that off, bought a replacement for 100 bucks on amazon. The truck is finally at a great ride height!

I had purchased a whole steering upgrade kit from DOR, and it will be the last time I ever deal with them. Got the run around for over a month about how he was waiting for boxes and pieces to put together my brace......once I got to a month and a half I told him to cancel the order. Didn't get any updates on the order unless I asked, just horrible customer service.

So now, I'm looking to get a red head box and see if that helps the steering. It is 75% better with new components and an alignment, but I'm hoping a new box will really stiffen it up.

I was wondering what happened with you and your truck, glad to see its coming along still!

Really? I'm surprised to hear that about DOR, so far as I've heard they've always been good. Will have to keep your experience in mind.

Redheads are good boxes you'll be happy with it. Keep us up to date with it!

Truck is looking great!

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Thanks John, yea, the red head box looks like what I'll go with. After reading all of the great reviews of DOR, I was very surprised also. Just waiting on an email correspondence with redhead as to what ratio I should get.

One thing I have noticed is a very intermittent stalling issue. I want to say it happens when I'm on a grade and either idling or slowing down, but it happens. It starts right back up. No CEL's. Anyone have an idea of what could cause this?

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Thanks John, yea, the red head box looks like what I'll go with. After reading all of the great reviews of DOR, I was very surprised also. Just waiting on an email correspondence with redhead as to what ratio I should get.

One thing I have noticed is a very intermittent stalling issue. I want to say it happens when I'm on a grade and either idling or slowing down, but it happens. It starts right back up. No CEL's. Anyone have an idea of what could cause this?

They should say 15:1

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Does it rev up, stall out but catch itself before it dies?

They should say 15:1

This.

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
No change in RPM when it stalls, just cuts out. Starts up and runs like nothing ever happened.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hmm, I'm not to sure. Got a fuel pressure gauge?

OP
OP
Harleygtp

Harleygtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12v
Got the redhead steering box in with a new steering shaft. Seems to have really tightened up the front end.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good to hear, glad you're happy with the purchase!