Newbie questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l etorque
Couple questions from a new owner. 21 bighorn v6
1. Is the interior harness wired for heated seats. If I wanted to add seats from say a wrecked truck.
2. Is the taillight harness wired for bed lights? Thought when I looked at the original socket it showed bed lights but mine only had caps.
3. What are you guys using for bed cleats/tie downs. I have a retractable tonneau so I don’t think I can mount to bed rail.
4. I see some mentions of monitoring what gear you’re in. Is there a way to show the gear number instead of just D
Thanks for any info or links.

RC Turner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The things that are electrical will require some kind of activation by the dealer if they are even possible. I think you will find these modifications more work and expense than they are worth. My 2020 has the gear indicator built into the dash readout.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For mine to use the gear indicator you have to use the plus minus buttons on the steering wheel. Mine is a 21 warlock 5.7

brian42

Military
Reaction score
For front heated seats you need to have a Level 2 Big Horn (which already has heated seats) for all of that stuff to be pre-wired in the truck. You could pull front seats from a Laramie and it would be plug-and-play with the exception of activating those features with AlfaOBD or something like that.

Without adding the cargo rails from the BUG I don't know of any auxiliary tie-down anchors.

You can add bed lights but if you want to add the OEM bed lights you can (connectors are there from what I understand) but you need to activate them as well...plus get the headlight switch that has the bed light button if you don't already have that.

You can see your gear. It's a setting in your EVIC (dash instrument panel) that you change to see your current gear.