Nitto Terra Grappler G2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe I've decided to purchase a set of G2 Nittos come October, if the money is right. Shop at home, installed with warranty, TPMS rebuild out the door for 275/60r20 for $1,000.

Tires have a 3 year replacement warranty down to 3/32. Believe the tires come new a touch over 13/32.

The reviews have been across the board in favor of the tire being enjoyable. I don't haul anything, nor do I pull a trailer. At least not on a consistent basis. I do need some capability of minor off pavement use, such as deer camp. I commute 215 miles one way to work every so often. Most of that is rual countryside, I wanted something slightly more aggressive for winter use, or I run off the road.

I will keep this post updated for how to tire does, for reference for other ram owners searching.

I don't drive much, the tires will rot before the 65,000 mile warranty goes out. Truck currently has 23,000 miles on the clock, the stock Wrangler SR-A have half tread, are horrible on wet roads, and have cracking around the beads.

Anyway, truck is a 2013 Crew Cab 4x4 short bed. Truck is tuned, will be receiving a 2800 stall after the tire purchase. I drive pretty aggressively.

If this thread is repetitive of others, please feel free to delete.

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very good tire, love the traction. I have had them about 5k miles so far. The offroad traction is very good for an A/T, the wet traction is simply amazing. It rains every day here in Tampa FL, I dont know where you are but if its wet these tires perform better than many tires Ive had in the past. In fact these are the best foul weather tires Ive in my 20 years of driving.

The only thing I dont like is the noise, they are nice at anything under 65mph. Once you break that mark they start to howl a bit, at 80+ you need to adjust the radio and the conversation has to get to outside voices. They arent like an airplane hum that you get from super swampers, but you will see what Im talking about soon.

Other than the lie that they are quiet, I would buy these tires again any day.

phrater

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Express crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 5,000 miles on my G2's and I like them. They are awesome in the sand and did good in the little rain we've had in the NW the last couple months. I went with the G2's over BFG because I didn't need anything that aggressive. My fuel mileage hasn't changed at all, A buddy at work has the BFG KO2 and he has lost almost 2mpg.

good call on the G2's, they won't disappoint.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had two sets of Nitto Terra Grapplers. Both were outstanding and lasted over 85K miles. I really enjoyed those tires!

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The more I read, the more I can't wait to get off this boat.

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, still on the boat for another 2 weeks. Called 10-11 shops at home to haggle price. Have lined up a full set of the door for $994.44. This includes lifetime flat repair, warranty, lifetime balance and rotation.

Should be $10-15 cheaper as I will be keeping my old tires to sell as they are still half tread or better.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to throw a wrench in your thoughts. How about the new Ridge Grappler that they just released? I'm looking at them pretty hard. I was going to go with the G2's, but I like the way the Ridge Grapplers look. I checked last night, and they are showing all sizes are now released. For the past couple of months, it was only a small selection of sizes.

Since they are brand new, there isn't much out there for reviews. But they appear to be a cross between the mud tire and the G2. Their commercials and advertising are all shown with new RAM's! So, that's a marketing plus. :D

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input.

I have little need for a very aggressive tire at the moment. I've spent 12 years running around in mud tires lol.

Honestly I had looked at all season highway tires. The need for the occasional, off of pavement use dictated a more aggressive profile, while retaining street manners and wear.

From what I've gathered, they are in a good price range. Have a good amount of positive reviews. I believe they will fit the use I need.

The ridge grappler looks great though.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd agree. I have no need for an aggressive mud tire either. The G2 seems to be a great tire.

I had the Terra Grapplers on my previous truck and really loved them. The G2's are a newer version so to speak.

More than likely, due to costs I'm sure, I'll go with the G2's also. Probably closer to winter. I'm trying to stretch my stock tires as far as I can.

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's hard when the best looking tires in ones opinion are very aggressive.

I believe the G2 are made to be quieter on pavement while providing a longer lasting wear.

If I had my wants, truck would be lifted 6 inches with 37 inch mud grappler tires, that's out of the question sadly lol.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
My truck is 6'' lifted with 37'' G2. Absolutely happy with them. Yes, really quiet on a pavement and not bad for the ice and snow also. Just ordered Nitto EXO Grappler to try them in winter time

OP
OP
Kytow

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the input. I am looking forward to them.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i was just reading the reviews on the ridge grappler and apparently they're quieter than the g2's at hiway speeds and are getting really good reviews,and you can get em in an f rating.i'm putting a set of 33's on some 20's for my camper carrying next spring.i hope more companies start developing the hybrid style.every a/t tire i've owned has been lacking.

15RamEXP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just purchased a set of G2 with new wheels. Going on this week, hope to have it completed when I get back home Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_3040.jpg
    IMG_3040.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 344

JDW123

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
which wheels are those?

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
i was just reading the reviews on the ridge grappler and apparently they're quieter than the g2's at hiway speeds and are getting really good reviews,and you can get em in an f rating.i'm putting a set of 33's on some 20's for my camper carrying next spring.i hope more companies start developing the hybrid style.every a/t tire i've owned has been lacking.

Ridge Grappler is my choice for next spring))

15RamEXP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
which wheels are those?

They are the American Outlaw Deputy 20 x 9 with 10 offset, 9 less then stock so should pull them out just a bit.

That is the 285/65/20 tire, I have the bilsteins up front on 2.7.

JDW123

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
definitely throw some pictures up when you pick it up!