No reverse lights yesterday,check engine no MDS today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

440macho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 390 HP/407 TQ
This is getting rediculous.:flame:
Truck now has just over 900 miles, today trailer brake control malfunction warning comes across my display, my gauges went wacko, speedo was bouncing from 25mph to 120mph.
Now I have a check engine light, which I'm assuming has disabled the MDS feature,because it's not cutting out 4 cylinders,eco light doesn't come on.
These trucks don't get fuel mileage for crap without the MDS feature.

So far,Mother Mopar isn't impressing me with this one:flipthebird:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Something is seruously bad, but remember that is what warranty is for, and in this case it is sounding more like it is due to the dealer installing the brake control..so don't hate dodge yet...get the dealer to fix their screw up

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
440macho did you ever find out what was the cause of this?

OP
OP
440macho

440macho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 390 HP/407 TQ
One of the plugs that clip into the Brake control must not have been pushed in all the way,and it almost came out.
I pushed the plug back in and heard it "click", warning light went out immediately,still had a check engine, but that too went away the next day after driving it a few times.

Still no reverse lights, but I haven't had a chance to hit the dealer either.

I have 1600 miles on the truck now, including hauling my wifes car to the Pure Stock Musclecar Drags a couple weeks ago, and the truck hauled like a dream, my wife even drove, and it was her first time pulling a trailer.
She got about 5 miles under her belt and says "this is easy".
I told her the truck MAKES it easy, very stable, plenty of towing torque where you need it, and we averaged 14mpg hauling a 3900 lbs car on a 2260lbs open trailer.

Great truck.