No sound from AM/FM intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
I have the Non touch screen, no uconnect
I dont have any CDs so I'm unsure if that works.
My antenna is still there and secure.

What DOES work (produces sounds)
-SAT
-AUX
-VR
-AlfaObd's radio tone diagnostic produces sound (dont hit stop while doing this test, it wont stop until you run it again to completion)
-volume adjustment, settings, song information is shown, all the adjustments etc work

What DOSENT work
-AM/FM intermittently. When it's working, the sound is crisp and clear. Turning truck off and on again will sometimes fix it. It dosent die while in operation, only once the key is removed and inserted again.

I've seen a few other posts about the same issue but they lacked a fix.

Since all the other features work I'm guessing the problem is internal to the radio but I just wanted to see what the gurus thought first.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe its time to change it out upgrade it maybe better then going crazy with a problem like that

Zippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same problem on my 2012 with Bluetooth. Radio sound mutes randomly. Still gets signal because scan still works, just no sound. Sat still has sound. Have seen lots of posts with same issue, but no clear solutions other than a possible issue with the connection where the antenna enters the radio.