2 dash speakers, no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016WBH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey all I’m new so. It sure if this is in the right spot I have looked and can’t really find the fix for my issue so I have a 2016 1500 with the alpine system I have upgraded all the speakers except the three on the dash I kept connected to the factory amp so I can get my navigation and Bluetooth phone and what not but my problem now is the left and right dash speakers don’t work, but I only get sound from the center dash speaker. Any ideas what could cause this? I’ve checked the fuses and I’ve done the negative battery disconnect, as well as unplugging the two plugs from the amp under the dash and resetting the radio nothing has worked. Any ideas on how to check if a channel in the amp is bad. They were working fine I will say I had it cranked up and a few day later I noticed I had no sound out of just the 2 dash speakers

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all I’m new so. It sure if this is in the right spot I have looked and can’t really find the fix for my issue so I have a 2016 1500 with the alpine system I have upgraded all the speakers except the three on the dash I kept connected to the factory amp so I can get my navigation and Bluetooth phone and what not but my problem now is the left and right dash speakers don’t work, but I only get sound from the center dash speaker. Any ideas what could cause this? I’ve checked the fuses and I’ve done the negative battery disconnect, as well as unplugging the two plugs from the amp under the dash and resetting the radio nothing has worked. Any ideas on how to check if a channel in the amp is bad. They were working fine I will say I had it cranked up and a few day later I noticed I had no sound out of just the 2 dash speakers

You should pull the speakers out and verify they're not blown - use an ohm meter to check across + to - and verify you have about 2-ohms resistance for the factory speakers. With the replacement speakers, what impedance are they?

Attachments

• AUDIO-SYSTEM---PREMIUM.pdf
    650.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357