No speedo, CEL, ETC light and Condenser fan running always.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevlar762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone, been poking around for some time but just registered.

About 3 years ago I blew up the spiders in my 3.92 rear end. Ripped it all out and replaced it with an Eaton Trutrac and Yukon 4.56. Just got it back on the road yesterday after all new fluids and filters (took long enough, I know...). Actually took it driving today and assumed I was going to have some issues and as it turns out, there are plenty.

Firstly, I have no speedometer and a VSS code triggering. This sensor was replaced with the rest of everything in the rear end short the pumpkin, tubes, and axles. I have not seen an ABS light yet.

Secondly, an engine coolant performance code is triggered.Several years ago, I replaced the tstat with a standard Motorad when I did the silicone hoses and Mishimoto radiator, along with all new coolant. Coolant temp barely gets up to the first line on the gauge and only when it's sitting idle. I'm assuming the tstat failed and is constantly cycling coolant and with the size of the radiator its just not heating up properly.

Thirdly, the Electronic Throttle Control light is coming on while driving. It does not flash, I'm not seeing a loss of power and when I shut the truck off it goes away until I drive for awhile again.

Lastly, just a weird thing as I don't think it's causing any issue, the AC condenser fan is running and I have not had the AC on since its been back on the road. Not the defrost either.

Thinking it may be an issue with the notorious TIPM or the PCM, just not sure where to start digging. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you all so much for having me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat