Noticeable noise fro passenger rear after lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a regular cab rt that was lowered. I do hear a bit more road noise now but I have also noticed a clunking sound in the rear passenger side(at least that is where is sounds from in cab while driving). The setup is a belltech 2/4 with performance shocks and belltech rear sway bar. Any ideas on what the sound may be?

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
check the gas tank heat shroud is not touching the drive shaft.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Also make sure your swaybar end links and panhard bar bolts are tight. My 2015 recently started developing a clunk in the rear, and both end links had a bolt that was slightly loose, and I was able to put another 1/2 turn on 1 of the panhard bar bolts. Everything is quiet again since tightening them up.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also make sure your swaybar end links and panhard bar bolts are tight. My 2015 recently started developing a clunk in the rear, and both end links had a bolt that was slightly loose, and I was able to put another 1/2 turn on 1 of the panhard bar bolts. Everything is quiet again since tightening them up.

Thanks Matt. I am taking it in tmrw and will take a look at those areas. Thanks for the guidance guys

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The culprit was the rear shocks were not tightened. Guy that installed it said it was a rookie mistake and he fixed the issue. Now all that's left is getting the alignment tweaked. First alignment has the steering wheel slightly between 12 and 1.