Nov/Dec 2016 Truck Trend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On newsstands now. Some nice articles.
First Ford, new ecoboost engine will bump to 375 HP but... 470lb-ft!!! Thats huge!!
New super duty will hit 925!! And take the class.
There is a Roush f150, $79,000. 600HP/557lb-ft
Nissan is possibly looking at a reg cab like an RT or the old Tremor, it'll have the 5.6.
Also an interview with Joe Dehner, head of Ram and mopar design. They ask him a bit on the future..
He says he "can't speak of the future, but it's hiding right in front of you" They will stay with the big rig look, but to kind of separtate Dodge and Ram it looks like the experiment of the new front ends and RAM across the back is something "the vast majority really likes, the sales are reflecting that"
So if your not too fond of the front/rear changes... better get a '17 now till the new look grows on you.

If you see it on stands have a quick look.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I love my ram but in a couple years when I trade it in gonna weigh my options . no Ford though

tuned by Jay Greene

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 Duramax is 440hp, 910 lbft.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I kinda figured Ford would be the first the 1000 lb-ft with the next redo.. bragging rights and all. The way the 3 are chipping away 1000 won't be for a few years....
Wondered how long GM would sit on the sidelines, they had to answer at some point, guess they are in it now.
And in the 1500's, GM had top dog with that 6.2, now Ford may squeeze by it. (talking speed here). Hope Ram answers a lot of hopes out there and at least offers an option for the 6.4 for the next gen.... it'dd be nice. And the way the competition is going, it'dd kinda be a have to.

Last edited: