Odd Shifting when Stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyman9000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6 eTorque
I have a 2023 1500 with a V6. I've had it about 4 months. It doesn't do it during every stop but does it regularly. I had a 2015 1500 and certainly never had this happen. You often feel a shift (I assume into 1st gear) just about the time you reach a complete stop. It's not a big bump or anything but a very noticeable shift. I asked the shop where I bought it and they said it is normal. If it was a clunk I might really be worried but it's more about the timing than anything. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone think this is a normal thing? Thanks

Boatdrinks123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 V6 and I find the transmission very clunky. I have had 3 different Rams and this is the roughest shifting of any of them. I will go back to a V8 next time as they seems to shift a lot smoother. The V6 also is very lagging. I you want to get on it from a stop, it hesitates badly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357